Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
9041 - 9057 of 9057 Posts

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town.

I never played any of the Harvest Moon games before. But since I first played Stardew Valley I've had a thing for laid-back, relaxing farming sims. And this scratches that itch. It's not quite as deep as the aforementioned but really cute.

Looking forward to trying some of the other SoS games eventually.

·
Registered
---------------------------- ▓▓▓▓Groovy▓▓▓▓
8,027 Posts
I've just beat Cyberpunk, now have all of the side quests to go back to. It took me 30 hours, which is okay - I imagine it probably took more like 25 but I would alt-tab out and browse the web a few times. It takes most people less time, but I did a few side quests along the way and I was not really rushing it entirely. I enjoyed the story, the gameplay is pretty good.

·
Registered
8,027 Posts
GTA 5, but I'm not really feeling it. I don't want to play the online mode with other people, and the story mode is kind of cool but I just can't really immerse myself in it right now. I tried online with invite friends only, and that wasn't so bad. I dunno, I will probably stick with it for a while and see if I can enjoy it a little more. I mean, I'm only about five hours in, some of the quests so far have been really funny. I can't really say it is a bad game, by all means it is a good game.

I think I'm still in cyberpunk mode right now, I really enjoyed that game and the overall theme. The games are similar enough that I am constantly making comparisons. I miss the tech theme, and the characters. I wish there were more mods for it, and user generated content like there is for Skyrim. One thing that I find annoying about GTA 5 is the lack of character customization for the storymode. I understand the reasoning though, but I like being able to design my own characters, it is one of the reasons why I haven't tried the witcher yet.

One thing that I really found to be cool was there are a ton of mods for GTA 5, I'm looking forward to trying out the zombie mod and turning it into a zombie survival game. First though, I want to get the story mode done with. Once I am done with the story mode, I'm probably going to have a lot of fun goofing around with the mods, I saw one where you can customize your character so I'll definitely give that a try. I've already downloaded a pretty fun mod, called menyoo that allows you to do all sorts of things, such as shapeshift into animals, other NPCs and so on - but doing that for some reason messes up the storymode. When I refit it to be a zombie wasteland, I don't think it will matter as much.

·
SAS Member
14,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9,044 ·
I've just beat Cyberpunk, now have all of the side quests to go back to. It took me 30 hours, which is okay - I imagine it probably took more like 25 but I would alt-tab out and browse the web a few times. It takes most people less time, but I did a few side quests along the way and I was not really rushing it entirely. I enjoyed the story, the gameplay is pretty good.
I pirated this game and i'm trying to like it enoough to buy it on sale. They hyped it so much, i guess everyone was expecting 50 hours of pure crack for 80$ but the game is no more than a GTAxDeus Ex Mankind divided and it's kind of mediocre at both. The skill tree is like any other skill tree, similar to the Far Cry series so there's nothing special about it. And the weapons feel like Bordelands a lot.

I don't know, i was hoping for more, where choice matters, like Jackie having a different outcome, or maybe some consequences for ratting out Evelyn to Dex or not, something, depending on decisions like a real role playing game you know? But i imagine that's more lines of dialogue and animations etc so they cut a ton of stuff in the end and **** out a rather cheap game.

More interaction could be fun, like how you go in many stores but the npc just stand there like idiots and there's no talk option, and also how you can just loot everywhere and people just dont care or call the cops. It feels empty and void and exactly like a videogame that your playing.

You can tell the game was cut very short and corners were sanded basically in a circle. It could have been so much more and they lied to us all by advertising it as this wonderful unique experience.

Anyway, the game better get good fast because I'm halfway between playing and uninstalling. I just finished the heist mission and met Johnny Utah. The story so far is alright, i have to admit. I'm intrigued to see how it turns out.

·
Registered
8,027 Posts
They hyped it so much, i guess everyone was expecting 50 hours of pure crack for 80$ but the game is no more than a GTAxDeus Ex Mankind divided and it's kind of mediocre at both.
Yeah, I think that is the problem is it was hyped beyond belief. I don't typically keep up with gaming videos or news, so I went in without any expectations and enjoyed it a lot. I do think it would be even better if there was more to do, I miss playing it and having the story to follow as well as missions and gigs. It would have been great if they included a kit for modders to use, so that they could create new quests, areas to explore and so on. According to steam I played 133 hours, I imagine it is closer to 110 because I often alt tab out and play around on the Internet or do chores. But for the most part I enjoyed them, and almost received all of the achievements leaving behind two more to complete at a later time.

It is such a gorgeous world, I liked the characters, the cars were fun.. I especially liked hacking into enemies and send them off sizzling, but now at the end I can't really find very much to do. I mean sizzling people's implants is still fun, but without a goal it gets too repetitive. On the other hand, I'm starting to enjoy GTA 5 a lot - I'm already at 30 hours of gameplay, and have avoided the story mode electing instead to playin my own online session, or play mods. So far I've had a lot of fun with the zombie mod, I think I will try out one that is supposed to make it look more like cyberpunk in the future. I think eventually, I might try to play on the regular servers with other people, I don't know though, I've read a lot of people complain about them being exploited regularly. Bleh.. who knows?

Usually I pick up games after they have been out for years, and are really cheap. Cyberpunk is probably the newest game I have purchased in a while, with the exception of shadowlands for world of warcraft. Cyberpunk was on sale, and I watched a few videos on it and it really captivated me. It kind of reminded me of the days I used to play a pen and paper RPG called shadowrun.

I see another game that is coming out that looks pretty cool too, the matrix awakens - I'd really love to give that a shot but I'm not going to purchase a PS5 and unfortunately, I've read it will not be released for the PC.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Yeah, I think that is the problem is it was hyped beyond belief.
This is one thing I seriously hate about modern gaming. So many idiots look at a cool trailer or some cool gameplay footage and then blow up their expectations thinking it's going to be the best, most innovative game ever. It happened with Cyberpunk 2077 and it happened with No Man's Sky. With both games I ignored all of the hype, tried them for myself and really enjoyed them. Were they the best games ever? No, not in my opinion. But the sheer amount of hate heaped on perfectly decent games when they don't live up to these over-exaggerated, hyped-up expectations is really ridiculous.

It's why I stopped reading any articles or reviews for games. I only use gameplay videos on Youtube to decide whether or not to buy a game, and even then I'll usually stick it on a wishlist and buy it when it goes on sale a year or two later.

·
We all wear a mask.
1,827 Posts
Halo Infinite

Running through the campaign on Legendary and I think that I am on the last boss. It's kicking my *** but it has been a joy soy far.

·
Barbells and kittens
4,054 Posts
I bought Cities Skylines on the Cyber Monday sale and been playing it the last couple weeks. Reminds me of the old SimCity games just a little more in depth.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Thanks to zonebox for the idea of playing Cyberpunk 2077 again. I started a new playthrough last night and it's been really fun!

·
Registered
8,027 Posts
@Tetragammon I'm looking forward to playing it again myself, I just want to allow some time to pass so the game is not so fresh in my mind. I think a month or two, and I'll play it again :D If there were was more content released I'd be right back at it though, but unfortunately that seems to be the case of most single player games I have played.

I went online with GTA5 earlier, and saw my first mod menu enabled cheater yesterday. The person was wiping people out left and right, and attacking me remotely even while I was in my garage - I guess you can't be killed there because explosions were going off all around me. He even glitched all of our cameras so they would have some weird effect that made turning difficult, the people on the server were experiencing the same thing, eventually he got fed up with me being immune to his attacks and tried to teleport me out of my garage so I just logged out and went back to my own session.

To be fair, out of three times of logging in to a public session while doing missions that is the first time I saw anything like it. I might have just caught bad luck, at least I hope that is the case. If it is as bad as I have read, I think a lot of the game play is going to end up just being frustrating and not worth it.

·
Dog in the sun.
451 Posts
The late 2000' AvP.
It's a short game and has some problems, but they really nailed the feeling of being the titular unstoppable killing machines; the violence is very graphic and effective so it works if you're in the mood for that kind of thing.

The Marine campaign feels like Aliens (the second one) with some armed androids (or artificial persons, if you prefer) fights thrown in for good measure. Even though Colonial Marines tried to recapture the Aliens feel, this AvP game did it better. Much shorter, but better. The alien creature was changed a bit to give it a serpent-like and really fast moving speed, and looks terrifying, especially in the events where they swarm you. You can stun the Xenos by hitting them as the Marine which doesn't click with the movies but hey, there had to be some mechanic that made it possible to face large amounts of aliens. There's a bit of a ragdoll physics problem, not the worst I've seen but it's there. Oh, and the infinite flare system should have been rethought. It just feels weird constantly throwing a flare forwards every two seconds.

It's completely linear, and the collectables suck. So go where the game wants you to go at all times. But it has great ambiance, and that can make a game for me.

Honestly, I'd like to play Isolation right now. That one's for real.

Deadlight
I finished this very short zombie apocalypse 2.5D puzzle platformer and enjoyed it a bunch, until it suddenly ended and I wanted more. I give it a thumbs up, but why so short? Now I'm just getting the collectables.
Diablo 2: Resurrected

Running a frozen orb sorc through hell slowly but i refunded the game and i won't be playing it again. I have better versions of d2 to play through Path of Diablo and Project Diablo 2. D2R does look really good but graphics arent enough to keep me around. And besides the servers are **** and the game is far from being a good D2 remaster.
A superficial facelift can't beat 20 years of modding. Plus I like some old graphics if they're artistically presented, as is the case in the original D2. I'll pretend Resurrected doesn't exist unless they add considerable expansion or DLC-like content.

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
Continued addiction to Forza Horizon 5 (although not quite as mad). I am grateful that it re-ignited my enthusiasm for gaming.
Picked up Watchdogs Legion recently in a sale, and am enjoying it - I didn't have the biggest expectations for it, which probably helps.
And finally Golf It! Which is an absolute blast with friends.

·
SAS Member
14,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9,053 ·
Yeah, I think that is the problem is it was hyped beyond belief. I don't typically keep up with gaming videos or news, so I went in without any expectations and enjoyed it a lot. I do think it would be even better if there was more to do, I miss playing it and having the story to follow as well as missions and gigs. It would have been great if they included a kit for modders to use, so that they could create new quests, areas to explore and so on. According to steam I played 133 hours, I imagine it is closer to 110 because I often alt tab out and play around on the Internet or do chores. But for the most part I enjoyed them, and almost received all of the achievements leaving behind two more to complete at a later time.

It is such a gorgeous world, I liked the characters, the cars were fun.. I especially liked hacking into enemies and send them off sizzling, but now at the end I can't really find very much to do. I mean sizzling people's implants is still fun, but without a goal it gets too repetitive. On the other hand, I'm starting to enjoy GTA 5 a lot - I'm already at 30 hours of gameplay, and have avoided the story mode electing instead to playin my own online session, or play mods. So far I've had a lot of fun with the zombie mod, I think I will try out one that is supposed to make it look more like cyberpunk in the future. I think eventually, I might try to play on the regular servers with other people, I don't know though, I've read a lot of people complain about them being exploited regularly. Bleh.. who knows?

Usually I pick up games after they have been out for years, and are really cheap. Cyberpunk is probably the newest game I have purchased in a while, with the exception of shadowlands for world of warcraft. Cyberpunk was on sale, and I watched a few videos on it and it really captivated me. It kind of reminded me of the days I used to play a pen and paper RPG called shadowrun.

I see another game that is coming out that looks pretty cool too, the matrix awakens - I'd really love to give that a shot but I'm not going to purchase a PS5 and unfortunately, I've read it will not be released for the PC.
Yeah, Cyberpunk reminded me of shadowrun as well, but without the very complex magical world. It also reminded me of syndicate and syndicate wars, although they were top down games. No doubt Cyberpunk took inspiration from all those "cyberpunk" games and tabletop that came before.

Anyway, i ended up quitting the game after all.

A superficial facelift can't beat 20 years of modding. Plus I like some old graphics if they're artistically presented, as is the case in the original D2. I'll pretend Resurrected doesn't exist unless they add considerable expansion or DLC-like content.
Yep, totally agree. Even if blizzard are talking about adding content and buffing up unused skills etc, it's still not worth buying unless you never played d2 before i guess.

Those old d2 graphics have plenty of charm anyway.

·
Registered
8,027 Posts
I just finished a session of Doom2 via the Doomsday engine, I really like that port a lot.

Doom has been a long time favorite of mine, I wouldn't say that I am a fanatic about it but I remember playing this years ago, my first experience with it I believe was after downloading it from a BBS. I'm not really a FPS sort of person, but when it does come down to it I do enjoy the games I used to play back in the 90s, such as the original doom series, quake, duke3d, and unreal. I think I just enjoy the solo experience more, plus the nostalgia factor. Although with Doom I do remember playing it networked with my little brother, we played via IPX I believe, I had setup a BNC network between my computer and my family computer.. fun times. Later on I do recall playing it through Kali, and Kahn which would allow you to play with others by emulating IPX through your modem I believe, then gamespy. Anyone remember gamespy? I loved those days..

I still have the game set to a lower resolution, but nothing compared to how it used to be. I was playing it on my Amiga, but decided to load doomsday up to get a more enjoyable experience.. surely the pixelated original doom is pretty cool, but I like a little more detail. Plus I like being able to look around on my mouse, it is nice aiming for monsters rather than trying line up by moving around via the keyboard.

I'm still playing GTA5 online, and am inching up to level 100. It is a pretty fun game, so far I have 276 hours of playtime on it so it was definitely worth the $15 I got it on sale for. It is mostly all solo though, since I do invite only sessions. When I have to go into a public session, I found a way to start my own by interrupting the internet connection.. that way I can avoid anyone trying to grief others while they do their missions.

·
Mad Scientist
1,170 Posts
How many hours have I put into paradox grand strategy games? That's an infinite void.

When name gets bigger on map, serotonin is released.

No officer, conquering those natives was just a Victoria 2 reference!

That about sums up the experience. I'm convinced no one knows what I'm talking about.

In other news, the God of War port was apparently pretty good. I'll wait for a sale to pick it up, however.

·
Barbells and kittens
4,054 Posts
Any retro gamers here played Final Fantasy 6 T Edition? It's a ROM hack with tons of extra stuff that looks really well done. I've been meaning to download it. Apparently it takes some extra steps over just downloading a ROM, so that's kept me from trying it so far.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Been feeling bored lately... So I decided to take up Diablo III Season 25 by rebirthing an old Monk. That has to be my least-played class in that game... It's been really fun so far.

9041 - 9057 of 9057 Posts