Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
9021 - 9040 of 9057 Posts

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
The Switch version of Link's Awakening which I absolutely love. The graphic style, the humor (and especially all the Mario references), it's not crazy difficult so far (I'm onto the 3rd boss), but I have a compulsion to complete it which I've not felt in a game for a while.

·
Registered
---------------------------- ▓▓▓▓Groovy▓▓▓▓
8,027 Posts
I'm still hooked to ffxiv, I recently unlocked the trust system and found doing dungeons as a solo player to be fun. I've probably said this a million times on this forum, but I'll say it again. I like being around people, while also being away from people. I've read it several times that solo players should not play MMORPGs, because it defeats the purpose, and I can see that point. I mean, I guess the point for many is to be social, but unfortunately a lot of these people can not see from the perspective of players like me. I've long been a solo MMORPG player though, I like being around people in a virtual world, but even in that kind of setting I like being away from them. Also, I like a perpetual game that never ends..

It is kind of funny, because players such as myself have at times been ridiculed, and blamed for the downfall of games. As though we are responsible for all that is wrong with them, because well, ****, we are not social enough 🤣

·
Socializing with myself
5,108 Posts
Galaga on PS4, but the console version runs horribly. I prefer the arcade version. I can't get pass level 23 on the console version. The console version have spaceships that move and shoots faster than the arcade version on level 10. While on the arcade version I beat the entire game with the highest score in the Laundromat in 2005.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Conquest of Elysium 5. Grognard stuff, pretty much. Looks like a 90s game, and not even one that put much of an effort into presentation back then. But it has asstons of units, spells, and many factions that really have unique mechanics. Too bad about all the RNG, it's really overboard. Even damage increases are more RNG. 1-4 (+1) damage really means 1-5, not 2-5. There are spells that do 1-60 damage, I mean damn, you really let RNGsus take the wheel in this game. If it were more deterministic, I'd love it.

Still playing World of Warships 5 years later. I've tried almost every line and being that I'm never satisfied with what I have for long in this type of game, I have so many damn ships unlocked that I've barely used, including premiums. At least now I have a good idea of how I want to play this game, so I tend to stick to the same few ships. But aforementioned restlessness makes me grind for others or even just amass resources in case one comes along that I want. As much as they push microtransactions in this game, especially lootboxes, I will say they haven't gone pay2win, except for some old premiums that couldn't be nerfed due to company policy.

·
SAS Member
14,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9,025 ·
Mortal Shell.

Just getting used to the combat a little and when to harden and not, but so far this game is pretty impressive. I love the visceral combat and dark ambiance. I'm not very far yet and the game is rather hard though. That first boss made short work of me lol.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Highfleet. One look at the Steam page and I knew I had to play it, which is very rare these days. Haven't regretted it either, in fact I've hardly been able to put it down. "Dieselpunk airship strategic operations simulator" is pretty much an automatic buy for me, but it's also really good, if tough and with a learning curve.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I have been playing a game called Drox Operative 2 on Steam - it is very much like Diablo in space, meets a X4 game.

·
Horny Lesbian not villain
342 Posts
Barbie and the Magic of Pegasus, for the Game Boy Advance. It's a fun game; very simple, and not difficult to play AT ALL. :) I enjoy looking at the artwork, such as the beautiful way that the main character -- Annika -- has been drawn: her clothes, and the way her clothes move (especially the way her dresses and skirts billow up when she jumps around). I also love exploring the environments, which are beautifully drawn as well. Lovely, very high quality pixel art!

I am not too fond of releasing the "handsome prince" characters from the stone that they have been magically encased in by the villain, but I do it anyway. And here is something interesting for fans of the game: the Flower Jewel that enables Annika to use her wand to turn bothersome creatures into plants (instead of hurting them, which is what her basic wand seems to do), comes from my consistent choice to simply jump over those creatures in the early levels.

I have been playing the game on Easy Mode -- which means that Annika is invincible. I only just noticed that the character is invincible yesterday evening, when I had almost completed the game. As I said: the game is very easy, and I had been avoiding hurting all of the creatures except those most difficult to ignore.

Annika can collect different outfits for her to put on, if she unlocks the secret rooms in which they are kept. I love that aspect of the game! A black dress might have been nice though! :devilish:

Something very fun indeed is flying Annika and her sister, Brietta (who was turned into a pegasus at the beginning of the story), through side-scrolling clouds, in the arcade-style bonus games.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I was thinking of getting back into Guild Wars 2, as I haven't played it since 2013. But holy hell that game is expensive! Not only would I have to buy the bundle of expansion packs for $50, but all of the "Living World" story content is separately paylocked and would cost an additional $60.

Paying $110 for a 9-year-old game, when I paid full price for the game when it came out? Nah... I can literally get into any other MMO for less than half that price. Back to SWTOR it is.

·
SAS Member
14,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9,034 ·
Diablo 2: Resurrected

Running a frozen orb sorc through hell slowly but i refunded the game and i won't be playing it again. I have better versions of d2 to play through Path of Diablo and Project Diablo 2. D2R does look really good but graphics arent enough to keep me around. And besides the servers are **** and the game is far from being a good D2 remaster.

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
Forza Horizon 5. I was somewhat skeptical but now I'm playing it, it feels like a step up from FH4. The graphics feel much better too, playing at 4K with max settings at 60fps, glorious.

Reactions: WillYouStopDave

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Got into the latest technical beta for Lost Ark. It's pretty fun! But I always have this thing about betas where it's like I realize that all my progress will be completely wiped when it ends, so technically nothing I do "matters" and it makes me want to just do something else... Even if I'm really enjoying the game. Kind of annoying.

·
Registered
8,027 Posts
I'm exploring around in secondlife, there is a person out there that has created vehicles that traverse the continents self propelled and autonomous (eat your heart out Elon). At times, while browsing the web or watching TV, or even just bored I will hop on one of these vehicles (aka pods) and just wander around the lands occasionally alt tabbing to look at the environment. I find it to be pretty relaxing, and I love to watch all of the creations people have made.

Here I am in a boat, watching the sunset:

And as I am posting this, I noticed these islands

In the above you will see some white objects, that is due to the images not being downloaded in time. In second life, there are no assets stored on your computer (outside of cache) they are all downloaded from the servers, it is the only way it would work as there has to be terabytes of information on all of the servers due to the fact that this is all user generated content. It is what I love about second life, it is also always changing, what you see one week might be gone the next and replaced with something else, entire islands might arise or vanish.

OMG, Bernie is hanging out, I waved to him as my pod drove through the area.

Continuing on the road I come across a cabin in the distance, nearby is a nice little picnic table and a manhole cover. I wonder if there is a sewage system under the road, one of the things I like is there are often little surprises one can find like that.

One last picture, I promise, this is the cabin I came across

You can make out the picnic table, with another pod by it, and closer to me is someone riding not that far away. The sped past me, as I changed the speed of my pod to go slower so everything would download in time so it would render.

With facebook, er I mean Meta now proclaiming to be building the Metaverse, I feel like I have been playing around with it already since the late 90s. Stuff like this is old school, SL being around since around 2004 I believe, and even though I am a new comer to this one, I think it holds up pretty well and probably offers one of the best experiences for creators out there.

Anyway, I find this to be very relaxing, just watching new things pop up on the screen as I tab in and out. What I find appealing about secondlife, is just how open it is, the main continents are huge, and there is so much stuff packed in it. I am always finding new things to explore, new things to do, it is a very dated platform, but it still has a good vibe to it. Unfortunately, it also has had a bad reputation in the past, considering it is mostly regulated by the people in the game, it has a ton of adult content which is fine I'm not a prude, but people think that is all it is - people having sex.

What I find are a lot of different communities, with a lot of different interests, I have seen art communities, scripting communities, christian communities, pagan communities, flying communities, the list goes on and on. Being as much of an introvert online as I am offline, I mostly just stick to myself - but I do visit some clubs, go to some events, listen to people playing live music which surprising is often really good, sometimes bad but admirable that they put themselves out there. I mostly just explore there, and build on my own little parcel of land.

It is also filled with misfits like myself, which I find to be kind of refreshing. Here you will find a number of different personalities and interests, and a lot of incredibly creative people who spend hours making their homes and lands look gorgeous.

I don't think you can find anything quite like it, it is like the wild west. Meta may eventually make a metaverse, but it will likely be as bland and regulated as facebook is. It will also probably be ad generated, whereas secondlife is not ran by advertisements, nor selling your information to other sites. You will not have secondlife trying to push you to one location, or provide you information that it feels will generate money for itself.. A relic of the past for sure.

·
Registered
8,027 Posts
Cyberpunk 2077, I've heard a lot of bad things about this game but so far I have been enjoying it.

I got a kick out of the three sea shells, props to those of you that get the reference

A quick picture of my character, she is a badass

9021 - 9040 of 9057 Posts