Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
9001 - 9020 of 9057 Posts

·
SAS Member
14,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9,001 ·
Dark Souls 3 right now. Playing as a mage and going through the whole game without summons. Got stuck at the abyss watchers for a while and then pontiff killed me a few times before i got the hang of it.

This is an odd one - the PSP version of 'Michael Jackson the Experience' , via an emulator (PPSSPP gold) on an Android handheld console. It's a rhythm game and a simplistic one at that. But I'm really enjoying it and have almost completed it.

I love the Michael Jackson: Moonwalker arcade game lol. It's comical and kind of fun to play.

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
I love the Michael Jackson: Moonwalker arcade game lol. It's comical and kind of fun to play.
Yeah I remember that, was fun! I played it on the Sega Megadrive/Genesis and later the arcade version via emulation. The music definitely helps too :)

Reactions: Scrub-Zero

·
Dog in the sun.
451 Posts
"Outside, the mercury was falling fast. It was colder than the Devil's heart, raining ice pitchforks as if the Heavens were ready to fall. Everyone was running for shelter like there was no tomorrow. It didn't get any better when I got to the subway."

I love his metaphor-laden internal monologue.

Just quickly made my way through the subway levels. Max Payne is short and sweet, and allows you to play in short bursts, which I need now. I know this game like the back of my hand, know every scenario, every little trick, and when to best use each weapon. Yet it never gets boring. A classic.

·
SAS Member
14,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9,004 ·
I played Metroid Prime 1 on Dolphin emulator with mouse and keyboard and jacked Ai enhanced HD texture pack. Game looks like a remaster and runs at a solid 60fps. So awesome to have mouse and keyboard with this game though.

·
drifting in mist
697 Posts
I think the yakuza series are some of the best games ever created. Almost finished with 0 and I've laughed and cried and had a blast. So much care and detail they put into it and excellent writing. My heart hurts for the characters though.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I think the yakuza series are some of the best games ever created. Almost finished with 0 and I've laughed and cried and had a blast. So much care and detail they put into it and excellent writing. My heart hurts for the characters though.
It's one of my favourite series too. They certainly have some issues and it's taking me a while to get through all the games available in English (thanks to lack of motivation/procrastination) but I've generally had a good time with even the weakest entries (though I did decide to skip replaying Yakuza 3 recently as I recall it being a bit frustrating).

Finished Yakuza 5 a couple of days ago and would rate it (alongside 0 and Kiwami 2) as one of the top three games in the series that I've played so far. Started Yakuza 6 tonight and hopefully can be done with it before my month of PC Gamepass runs out.

·
Dog in the sun.
451 Posts
Commandos Behind Enemy Lines, co-op mode, no saving. Each time we ****ed up was stupider and funnier than the previous lol

Diablo 2, also co-op. Started a new Nightmare playthrough. It's cool that my brother has a huge collection of powerful items he's collected over time, so I got to really gear my Necromancer up. I'm mainly the decoy here, really, since he's playing the Sorceress and she's a beast. We cleared everything up until the point they give you the Tristram quest.

Also cleared another Max Payne level. Was aiming for two but I get discouraged easily.

·
Dog in the sun.
451 Posts
The Path, did a short Ginger run. I let this game take me where it takes me. Sometimes I walk around picking flowers and finding stuff for a while, then go back to the Path and see the normal version of grandma's house. This time it took me to the wolf after finding relatively few items.

The only gripes I have with this game are that I would've prefered individual baskets for each girl so I'd get to actually find each item instead of just checking what the characters have to say about them accessing the inventory, and that making you continually push a key to move forward at grandma's is a terrible idea. Outside that it's perfect for what it is and does. Not much of a gamer's game, but weird and interesting.

·
Registered
---------------------------- ▓▓▓▓Groovy▓▓▓▓
8,027 Posts
I've been playing a lot on my new computer "TheC64" and having a blast playing old school games. I love those old school titles, they are a lot of fun to goof around on. I've also started playing another MMORPG called "Runes of Magic" - this one is an oldie that I recall playing nearly a decade ago. Actually, the only reason I remembered it and wanted to give it a shot was because I found an older screenshot I had taken of it. It was an outright WoW clone, which did a pretty good job. Considering that I only play solo, it is just something to waste a bit of time on here and there. Besides that, I also have WoW's trial edition that I log in from time to time, RIFT, GW2, and EQ that I occasionally visit.

It is a shame that RIFT has more or less been left on the back burner, out of all of the f2p MMOs out there, it has been my favorite and one of the only ones I feel comfortable joining in group events as there is no real socializing. But seeing that it has not been updated in so long I don't touch it nearly as much. Runes of Magic is filling that void for now, sure it is a bit outdated, sure it is a wow ripoff, but it is entertaining regardless. I have no clue how good the end content is for it, but never really get involved with end level content in MMORPGS anyways.

·
alien monk
8,750 Posts
I played geneforge: mutagen for a few days. it was fun, but i think I'm done with it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yakuza 6 completed now, feel like I did it a disservice by playing Kiwami 2 before it as 6 obviously suffers in comparison due to being the first use of the newer engine. Taking a break from the series before moving onto 7 (and I'll play Judgement at a later date sometime) so I'll browse my gaming backlog to find something to play in the meantime.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm re-playing the Xenosaga series on the PS2 :) I recently completed episode 1. I got half way through episode 2 and had to skip to episode 3, because the slow combat in episode 2 was killing me o.o

Wonderful series, though. I love it ^_^

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Craft the World, but then again, I have been playing it for the past few years... Love the relaxing atmosphere of building and crafting, and slowly working my way through the tech tree. Then every hour, the portal/s open, and have to defend my dwarfs home/castle/habitat from the hordes of demons, skeletons, beholders and such like in a tower defence type battle, and hope they all survive. Then clear up all the mess, collect all the goodies and repair and upgrade the damage they've done to my dwarfs base. It's great fun...

·
Dog in the sun.
451 Posts
I've been down (a good part of it is my fault, but it's also life's circumstances) and I've recurred to games a little as a distraction.

BioShock.
I've played this game once before and really enjoyed it. The story is a bit vague and far-fetched but it's miles above most shooting games I've played. Voice acting is good and I like notes and voice diaries in some of my games*, variety of gameplay approaches is just right; but the main thing is that I'm absolutely in love with how Rapture looks and feels, including the Splicers's sounds and mumbles and screeches. I'm playing in short, say half hour bursts so I've only completed a few maps.

*My only wish would be that some of those audio logs would be replaced with scenes where you personally interact with the characters. The game does have some pretty cool scripted scenes with Rapture's villains and inhabitants, but they're pretty short in this first one. I'm pretty sure they addressed that in Infinite with Elizabeth, but who the hell knows when I'll get to play that. I also heard in Bioshock 2 you get to (kinda) meet face to face with some NPCs that don't immediately try to kill you on sight, you get to decide their fates, and it plays into the ending. Oh, kind of a side note, but the first time I played Bioshock I saved all the Sisters and got the happy ending, which was... OK. Maybe I expected more, but after watching the other two on YouTube, there I'll go to save the girls again.

Dead Space
This one I've never played. It's not classic survival horror in the sense that it's not labyrinthic enough and has more constant action, but I take it for what it Is. Tonally it's an amalgamation of tense horror films like Alien and The Thing (don't laugh, I actually quite like that one a lot). Love how they got rid of the HUD by implementing it into the character's suit and displays; and talking about displays, also love how they mixed audio communication with holographic displays where you see friendly characters talking and moving. It allows for story interaction to take place without halting exploration.

Hope it remains good. And hope the first sequel runs on my laptop.

Doom 3
I played this a bit years ago, not too far into it, but I thought the environment and lighting where pretty impressive. Models for creatures where good, facial models for humans left some to be desired, but the important thing is that it's a more than competent corridor shooter where things jump out at you from the dark. It might get repetitive, I mean let's be honest, the DOOM games are always about moving forward and slaughtering demons. And that's fine by me. But that repetitive nature make me take a longish time to finish it.

It's the BFG Edition. I know, it takes out some tension with the flashlight being usable with every gun, but I need that flashlight. And it comes with every expansion, and the first two Doom games. The one thing I regret about it is, I hear there's some kind of hazmat suit level that in this version they altered negatively.

·
drifting in mist
697 Posts
Trying to get into Pokemon Emerald just because I want to understand what the whole phenomenon is about. I like the setting and atmosphere but find the battling very tedious. May fire up the PC this weekend and continue Yakuza 3, Nier: Automata, and HoMM3. Been trying to avoid games that are too time consuming and involved to try regain mental clarity but life stressors are making it tempting again.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I'm finally actually getting into Final Fantasy XIV. I remember playing the beta for the original release and being very underwhelmed by it, so I never played it when it came out. I tried the free trial once several years ago but it wasn't enough to get me hooked, especially because I'm generally burnt out on MMO's after more than 15 years of WoW, plus Final Fantasy XI before that.

But the new free trial is great since you can play most of the classes up to level 60 with no time limit, and most of the restrictions don't matter much to a solo player like me. I love being able to focus on a single character and raise all of the classes instead of needing an alt for every class. I love the worlds of Final Fantasy too. I'll probably actually buy the game and subscribe eventually because I'm enjoying it so much. Instead of feeling like "just another MMO," it's actually reminding me why I got into FFXI almost 20 years ago. I just wish the few online friends I have would consider joining me, but I don't think they would since they're not big on JRPGs.

Reactions: zonebox

·
Dog in the sun.
451 Posts
Bulletstorm. The mayhem you get to create makes up for its strict linearity. Duke is dead to me after Forever, but I wouldn't mind seeing some kind of sequel to this at some point. I'll check off a brand new list of creative kills. Then again, the new Doom games exist, so maybe we're covered mayhem-wise.

And Diablo, with the Hellfire expansion. I'm sure the Monk is better, but I'm trying the Bard. First time playing anyone but the Sorcerer (God).

·
Registered
---------------------------- ▓▓▓▓Groovy▓▓▓▓
8,027 Posts
Edit:
Wrong thread, doh!

Anyway, to keep up with the topic I am about to subscribe to world of warcraft again, because they are releasing TBC servers. I really enjoyed myself while playing the burning crusade the first time, I think the flow of leveling a character was better and I also enjoyed the ability to fly in outland. My personal favorite though, was Wrath of the Lich King - I don't think it is nearly as popular with most people though because the majoirty of private servers you see out there are either vanilla or bc servers. I do hope that eventually Blizzard will release it.

With that said, I don't plan on sticking around for too long. I hate that they charge $15 a month for a subscription, especially when they also have an online store to generate revenue. It feels like such a scam, and there are other free MMORPGs out there that I also enjoy. Guildwars 2, does a really good job imo of satisfying my need, but I also enjoy RIFT when the desire strikes to play them. Unfortunately, RIFT is dead in the water and has been for years now. On the plus side, I am not a fanatic when it comes to mmorpgs, I usually just solo my way through everything I can.

I tried to get runescape to run through virtualbox, and it never did load. Not a huge loss, I mostly just wanted to see how well it would run. I think I will give it a shot again though. I have enjoyed a super mario clone on it, called SuperTux, which is cute. I haven't gotten to far with it though.

9001 - 9020 of 9057 Posts