Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have any. Except for one. She has no friends either. Except for me. They say you're set for life if you have a roof over your head and a good friend. Well sometimes you still lonely. I always thought it was the world's fault for me not being able to do trivial things in public which led to me not being able to make friends. I've finally believed that there's something wrong with me, not the world. So now what?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I know that feeling I only have one friend too and it gets pretty lonely... but I think its better to have one over none and have hope for the future. One day I hope i'll come out of this shell its hard finding where you fit in.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The strange thing with life, is that we think we need to be surrounded by a group of people to feel the lessening of being alone. The truth is, you could be amongst a thousand people and still feel the pangs of loneliness. It's also easy to get pulled into the depression which ultimately follows.

Silentsheeps is correct. It is better to have one really good friend, than to have nothing at all. I have exactly four friends in my life, all that know how I think, feel, react and cope with my inner demons. I am grateful every day that I have at least one, and have been blessed with more. Each of them offer something different to our friendship, and they really are my family.

There are still days when I feel sad, or alone. If you start looking at how blessed you are to have someone special in your life, who is there for you, shares your joys and tears, your hopes and your fears...then the world really doesn't seem like such a lonely place after all.

Not only that, you have found a community where we all have our insecurities and vulnerabilities, which kind of makes us alike in some aspects, and we're here to help support each other.

Stay strong....{{{hugs}}}

·
Registered
10,667 Posts
It's very hard to find a nice person that you can count on being your friend. SO many people do things that only take consideration to their own feelings. Sadly, I did see the good in people until I have been proven wrong. Now I don't even bother in wanting to be friends with them. Anyone putting your feelings to the side, not a friend unless you ask them for their honesty but when it comes to anyone doing rude things and not caring how you feel about it, that person should not even be considered as a friend and that's okay if you don't want to deal with her/him anymore.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It might get lonely, but at least you have one true friend who you can hang out with whenever. It sucks having a bunch of friends who you can't fully trust, aren't ever there for you & never even want to hang out unless you got money.

·
MK64 King
17 Posts
I wish I had just one good friend:no but I don't. I do have a few acquaintances that I will be with at school, but I wouldn't consider us being friends.

·
MK64 King
17 Posts
It might get lonely, but at least you have one true friend who you can hang out with whenever. It sucks having a bunch of friends who you can't fully trust, aren't ever there for you & never even want to hang out unless you got money.
I have the exact same problem as you, I even got so desperate for a friend once I started paying people, I just hate being lonely all the time:|
maybe we could be friends:)

sorry about the:dd

·
Registered
7,235 Posts
Well I met a guy last night for the 2nd time, I should have asked him something about why he was there.

And also I should just ask others at the bar what all bands are playing and stuff, and see who likes what.

Its those SIMPLE little steps that will get me used to socializing with guys again, because sadly, guys go there too, not just girls.

So the 2 of u need to actually go somewhere with other people, and ask a question here or there, or make a comment from time to time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts