Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
castor sacs
7,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not just shows/game/films/books you consume, but those by which you are actually immersed in their world of fan content (consuming and/or creating).

Now go forth and gush about your fandoms. Feel free to mention what parts of the fandom you are involved in, too (i.e. do you read fanfiction? make memes? discuss episodes with other fans? write fan music?).

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,377 Posts
none now really. I go through phases sometimes... It's been a while now but I've read so much fanfiction over the years and lurked in certain communities though rarely participated since I was a teenager tbh. (I'd like to say I didn't have time, but that excuse hasn't been true for about a year now so I guess it's just more that I can't be bothered.)

I did make a list at one point of all the fandom's that I read fanfiction from :lol because I am very odd like that, and like making lists sometimes. Not sure I want to write down everything so I'll just post the more significant ones:

for fanfiction: Final Fantasy VII, Fruits Basket, Once Upon A Time (TV series), Thor (film,) The Watchmen, Death Note, Merlin (TV Series), Warcraft, Repo! The Genetic Opera, Star Trek 2009.

in general: Most of the above plus Lord of the rings, Game of thrones, Harry Potter, Elder Scrolls

I sort of slipped in and out of other fandoms and fanworks over the years, but not to such a great extent.

I guess in a way I was really into the sims fandom for a while. Though I didn't think of it as a fandom at the time. People (including myself) used to create original stories (sometimes fanstuff too, but I didn't really follow that stuff) using images from the Sims. I read those for years. I didn't really keep up with most of the stuff I made and it wasn't very good :p nor did it have much of a following.

There were a few series' I followed but by far my favourite was this one (it started out using the sims 2 and then later they switched to the sims 3):

http://deception-pass.livejournal.com/

they've moved stuff to dreamwidth now though. But also it's not been updated since 2011 :'( I loved that series almost as much as Buffy. Which to be fair, it was clearly heavily inspired by.

·
Person of Interest
481 Posts
I don't write any, but I do read fanfic (and occasionally beta) and discuss things online.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Supernatural, Grimm, Once Upon a Time, Psych, Doctor Who, Sherlock, Fruits Basket.

·
Scotland Yard
2,770 Posts
None. I feel like the thin wall that keeps me from indulging into the fandoms of my favourite tv shows with full dedication is the last barrier that seperates me from complete insanity. So it is kind of a personal quest to resist the temptation...

·
castor sacs
7,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Reviving my own thread because I'm cool like that.

I have many beloved shows, but the only fandom I am active in is MLP:FiM. I chat with quite a few bronies online, spam pony memes when I can, discuss episodes in depth, consume a lot of fan content (especially music, animations, and fanfiction. don't even get me started on the fanfiction I've read in my ventures across the internet), write and produce fan music, draw fan art, attended brony events, and even have tried my hand at writing fanfiction. I'm a little crazy about ponies. :3 About half of my wardrobe consists of pony shirts, my wall is covered in fanart, and in front of me on my shelf is a line up of limited edition figurines and cutouts from the MLP trading card packs. I'm aware I sound like an ultra nerd right now. :p

I used to be semi involved in the Kingdom Hearts fandom, but I don't produce anything. I just play and discuss the games mainly, and sometimes browse through fan content. I don't consider myself involved in a fandom though unless I actually produce content.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
I started writing ASOIAF fan fic about Bronn's day's before the series since he's one of my favorite characters and doesn't really have a detailed back story. I should try finishing it. I would like to write another about an original character in one of the slaver bay cities before Danaerys came.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Lost, and Parks and Recreation.

I hate the massive fandoms.... haha I know. Lot's of people are going to hate me for this but I get so annoyed at fandoms of Supernatural, walking dead, sherlock, etc etc the ones that are so popular.

I like Lost fandoms!!! There are about 34 of us but oh well.

Also Once Upon a time. I cant take that show seriously. Guys if you want a quality show watch Lost ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts