Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Ex SA Suffer-er lol :)
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my psychiatrist has had me on Lexapro 10mg for like 10 weeks and its reduced my anxiety alot and i dnt get depressed that much no more.. im also on Seroquel xr 200mg for my racing thoughts and it has really helped me quiet my mind .. my mind used to race out of control all day long and the seroquel has really helped thank god cause i thought i was going insane.. he also gave me 1mg Lorazepam (Ativan) ive taken it once in awhile for school since thats were my anxiety acts up and it seems to help with the anxiety alot.. ive noticed it numbs feelings though like i dnt kno.. like i dnt feel for other people.. maybe its a good thing idk cause it makes me think only about myself instead of other people like "normal" people think so i guess it makes me normal..once he put me on seroquel he told me to stop taking them.. i still have some left and plan on using them for occassions i only have like 7 left..

Well after all this im still having a hard time controling my anxiety at school.. i feel like a total different person when im anxious cause im usually confident and friendly but feel voulnerable when im anxious cause i turn into an anxious wreck.. so i usually ditch school cause i feel like i have to avoid people when im this anxious cause i dnt want people to see this side of me but they have already since im always anxious and im rarely relaxed to be my confident self but still.. like ill go to school and be relaxed for like my first 2 classes and after my 2nd class my mind will already be in anxioous panic mode and ill try to get myself out of that state of mind with positive thoughts but it seems like basically anything trigers a thought or physical symptom so my anxiety is still pretty bad... what do you guys think my psychiatrist is going to give me now?? or do you think i cant get any more meds in me and im going to have to deal with the anxiety?? i hope not cause i cnt seem to control it on my own.. what do you guys take that works well for your anxiety??

1 - 2 of 2 Posts