Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious to know what everyone dreams about. Are there any particular themes that keep repeating themselves in your dreams? Share away..

·
Little Winged One
6,445 Posts
I used to have a lot of dreams about being lost - not hard to figure that out.
The last couple of years I've had lots of dreams about houses-I walk into various beautiful houses and am admiring them-then I begin to realize somethings terribly wrong with the house.- One caught on fire,another had this body decomposing in the basement,one I was being forcibly thrown out of,etc.,etc.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
My dreams are usually all messed up ... like with people I know now here in Florida, in the house where I grew up in California talking about people and places I knew when I lived in Maine. They are all mixed up... maybe it is a reflection of how mixed up I really am inside, hence my username caflme.... not calf me lol.

·
Born Of Blotmonað
19,057 Posts
The ability to fly is a common recurring theme in my dreams. It's not as though I have wings or something like that but I can fly & often I begin by using the ability to wander. Toward the end of most of these dreams I'm trying to escape someone or something by way of flying. When I woke today it was from a dream where I was trapped in a warehouse trying to escape a sort of giant man for lack of a better description. I can't remember why he was chasing me but it was this ongoing battle because I was both trying to escape him but also capture the keys he held which would unlock the way out of the warehouse. It was the back & forth of confrontation & fleeing. Eventually I got the keys but I didn't know which was the right one & I woke from a panicked state trying to figure it out before he returned

·
Banned
3,567 Posts
The ability to fly is a common recurring theme in my dreams. It's not as though I have wings or something like that but I can fly & often I begin by using the ability to wander. Toward the end of most of these dreams I'm trying to escape someone or something by way of flying. When I woke today it was from a dream where I was trapped in a warehouse trying to escape a sort of giant man for lack of a better description. I can't remember why he was chasing me but it was this ongoing battle because I was both trying to escape him but also capture the keys he held which would unlock the way out of the warehouse. It was the back & forth of confrontation & fleeing. Eventually I got the keys but I didn't know which was the right one & I woke from a panicked state trying to figure it out before he returned
I have dreams where I seem to discover that I can fly, or something like it. I'm often running and my strides get longer and longer until I realize that I'm bounding hundreds of feet.

·
Gentle Impulsion
7,792 Posts
It usually starts out really nice and everything seems normal (realistic even) then things get weird and people turn into skeletons or giant ogres that try to rip my head off. I usually die in my dreams lol ... xD

·
Banned
3,567 Posts
My dreams are usually all messed up ... like with people I know now here in Florida, in the house where I grew up in California talking about people and places I knew when I lived in Maine. They are all mixed up... maybe it is a reflection of how mixed up I really am inside, hence my username caflme.... not calf me lol.
I do this. My life is pretty comparmentalized. Work and home are seperate. Segments of time are seperate. But in dreams people from my family are with me at what seems like work but it's my high school, or an old friend lives with me and is married to my sister :blank

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
I do this. My life is pretty comparmentalized. Work and home are seperate. Segments of time are seperate. But in dreams people from my family are with me at what seems like work but it's my high school, or an old friend lives with me and is married to my sister :blank
Hey:

Yeah... my life is really compartmentalized too... I never thought about that in relation to the dreams. I never introduce family to neighbors or neighbors to friends or anyone to the people I work with... I just like keeping all those different groups separate. It is very stressful when I try to have different groups of people intermingling... it happened at one of my son's bday parties once... it worked out ok but I was totally freaked out the whole time and on edge waiting for all hell to break loose....

Interesting, glad you brought this up.

·
Geese
20,768 Posts
Very weird, no order or sense at all. never sexual or anything though just weird locations with weird scenarios lol. Matches my brain I guess :b

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
I had the " Impending Tidal Wave" dream a few times before my college exams. It was so vivid ! I dreamt my parents and I were literally on the family vehicle driving uphill as thw wave was coming. I hate vivid nightmares like that.

However I prefer have a nightmare like that, than to dream of demons or aliens etc .. those type of dreams are very disturbing.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
every now and then-(over the past couple years-maybe longer) i've had this particular dream. i have not had it for a while, but i had it again last night.
i wish i knew what it meant. it's actually kind of scary during the dream.
does anyone else have recurring patterns in their dreams? even if it is not the "exact" same dream...but what you are doing is the same.

from common sense, and trying to look it up: i think it means something good

·
Positively Revolting Hag
6,547 Posts
I have a few recurring dreams but most of the time they make no sense at all.

My dream about riding a flying cat was the best though. Kind of reminded me of the cat bus in My Neighbour Totoro.

·
existential crisis
265 Posts
I've been dreaming about beaches alot! Weither I am in the water trying to get out or in the sand. I find it very hard to move through either. I'm terrified of anything in the ocean!
oh and of course zombie epidemic dreams every other night but those are not scary, I'm always ready!!! :) lol Can any of you feel anything in your dreams?! I always do!!! D:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Forever tying to get hold of of someone but being unable to call out or find them, or them being unable to see me or hear me.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Once I realize I'm flying in the dream, I try to do it at will and it won't let me. Pretty much any special power is like that in my dreams. it doesn't work on command. So is sex in my dreams -once i focus on it or enjoy it it turns into a freak out and the girl or guy becomes a castle or a monster or something. Something weird and not sexy.

·
Goin Ape!!!
3,022 Posts
My dreams are too bazaar, usually involves people I know.

I quite often have dreams where I fall from heights and wake up with a jolt. In some of those dreams I was comitting suicide.

·
Paramedic
96 Posts
My dreams usually are based off some of my deep seeded fears with a lot of things. They're always really weird and not spot on, but they're broad enough to get the general idea. But, that's usually just on my really bad days.

When I'm in a particularly good mood while going to sleep, my dreams are usually non existent or are just extremely random.

·
subtastic
7,692 Posts
Last night I was fumbling around in my bag for subway tokens and generally getting in everyone's way. I have really pointless dreams.

·
Banned
2,120 Posts
No dreams lately...but I used to dream some pretty scary stuff that you can probably make a very scary movie out of.

1 - 20 of 147 Posts