Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
821 - 840 of 840 Posts

Β·
Loathed Loiterer
8,250 Posts
I have been trying to get it brought back, but it doesn’t look like it will ever happen. πŸ˜”
What was the reason for that feature to be disable? Just curious. (Not sure if you can say without getting in trouble..)

Reactions: Memories of Silence

Β·
Super Moderator
7,363 Posts
What was the reason for that feature to be disable? Just curious. (Not sure if you can say without getting in trouble..)
I don't like the new editing restrictions at all either (doubt any users or mods, do, really!). But not sure if I should publicly say why they were introduced, either. The chatroom had got a terrible reputation for abuses and no-one really used it any more, so probably no great loss. But on a social anxiety forum, at least a one-to-one live chat system would be good to have again.

Β·
Administrator
9,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #827 ·
The reason wasn’t fully explained to us besides what the FAQs say about it ”disrupting the flow of the forum,” but it seems like all of the forums owned by VS have the same policy, so it could be to keep things easier instead of having too many different policies to have to keep track of. I could be wrong.

Β·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,021 Posts
I recently saw a thread where multiple people had just replaced their post with a . which seems to disrupt the flow more than just deleting it lol.

Β·
Administrator
9,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #829 ·
If anyone wants anything removed, it’s okay to ask me or one of the mods as long as it isn’t any more than about four posts/threads at a time. πŸ™‚

Reactions: iAmCodeMonkey

Β·
Loathed Loiterer
8,250 Posts
I recently saw a thread where multiple people had just replaced their post with a . which seems to disrupt the flow more than just deleting it lol.
I swore I saw you did it to a few of your posts too. πŸ˜…

Β·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,021 Posts
I swore I saw you did it to a few of your posts too. πŸ˜…
Oh I do it all the time now since we can't delete them and I'm always deleting my posts especially in certain threads. I just found it funny that the admins think that threads full of people replacing their posts with dots doesn't break the flow more than just deleting it outright but I don't think they're going to budge on it.

Β·
Administrator
9,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #834 ·
An icon (to the left of the YouTube one) that would have code to wrap spoilers around highlighted text when pressed, instead of having to manually insert it.
Welcome to SAS. πŸ™‚ Is this what you were looking for?
Next to the emoji button, there is β€œ...,”which is a dropdown menu with more buttons to choose from.

Β·
Administrator
9,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #836 ·
I'd love to see the chatroom again. They were great to talk to people naturally without any pressure.
We were told that this won’t be coming back, but now I’m wondering what a thread would be like that can be used as a chatroom. It could be called The Chat Thread, and people could talk in there without pressure. The only difference would be that it is posts and that it isn’t as instant.

It would be easier to moderate than the chatroom was because we wouldn’t have to go right back through the history to check on things, and posts can be reported, unlike how it was in the chatroom. That would make it a nicer place where everyone can feel comfortable.

Β·
SAS member
3,445 Posts
Yes, this. I haven't logged in for awhile but when I came back I noticed the blogs were gone? How can I view what others have posted? Right now I only see my own... To me blogs were a highlight of the site.

Β·
Administrator
9,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #839 ·
Yes, this. I haven't logged in for awhile but when I came back I noticed the blogs were gone? How can I view what others have posted? Right now I only see my own... To me blogs were a highlight of the site.
When the forum software migration happened in April, all blog entries were turned into forum posts. For privacy reasons, they can only be viewed by the people who posted them. We have been told that the blog feature won’t be returning.

821 - 840 of 840 Posts