Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
801 - 820 of 840 Posts

·
Wonderland
10,600 Posts
Thanks to the staff who are trying their best during this change. We know you are trying! The Mods and Silent Memory want whats best for the forums too and trying to advocate for our needs. We should be thanking them for knowing how we feel. They aren't who owns the site and so I'm sure there is a lot of back and fourth going on to try to get everyones needs sorted.

·
Administrator
9,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #803 ·
Thanks to the staff who are trying their best during this change. We know you are trying! The Mods and Silent Memory want whats best for the forums too and trying to advocate for our needs. We should be thanking them for knowing how we feel. They aren't who owns the site and so I'm sure there is a lot of back and fourth going on to try to get everyones needs sorted.
Thank you. :) We are trying to being back the features everyone will miss. Some might slowly return, and others might never.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Absolutely! Shout out to @WillYouStopDave for helping me during my moments of crisis!

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,021 Posts
I don't understand the hate for this new format. The formatting feels much nicer and cleaner and more modern, and things like embedded youtube videos look much better and the functionality for adding images and doing text formatting seems much more intuitive and easier to use. They've also updated the emojis to standard ones that look better. And the search function has been upgraded from utter garbage to not garbage. There's a few things I'm still figuring out how to do, but overall the format is a major improvement.

Of course, I'm mainly just talking about the formatting. I still hate the changes they've made regarding not being able to delete posts and the limited editing, and whatever's going on with the blogs. If they just let us edit and delete normally again (and maybe a couple of other more minor things), I would give this overhaul a very good grade.
Yeah I don't mind it stylistically and it doesn't seem sterile to me, at least dark mode. It's kind of cozier I guess and things have shrunk down. I'll kind of miss some of the animated emoticons and also have minor nitpicks in regards to a couple of things but I'm mostly concerned about the privacy and editing issues.

It is very different from the old legacy theme, but I stopped using that ages ago in favour of dark mode since after they updated those themes ages ago the new version of legacy they added had some other issues I think for me, so just switched over to dark mode and generally prefer dark themes with everything. The new social media embedding seems useful too especially since linking to specific tweets is often a pain and it doesn't necessarily highlight what you're trying to quote. I also wonder if it contributes to word count, if not that's even better. 🤔

·
Loathed Loiterer
8,250 Posts
Add more reactions besides "like". I assume if someone vents about something sad, and one wants to acknowledge their vent, liking it with a thumbs up seems a bit distasteful. An issue they had and poked fun at a lot with facebook back then. Maybe add like a "hug" reaction as well. Or a pool of available reactions like with the smiley faces.

·
Administrator
9,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #807 ·
Add more reactions besides "like". I assume if someone vents about something sad, and one wants to acknowledge their vent, liking it with a thumbs up seems a bit distasteful. An issue they had and poked fun at a lot with facebook back then. Maybe add like a "hug" reaction as well. Or a pool of available reactions like with the smiley faces.
I’ve been thinking the same thing about people using the like feature for sad posts. I don’t have a way to remove them, but if there was a hug reaction, it would be nicer. A dislike reaction would never be a good idea.

What does everyone think of the trophies and their names? I can remove them or change the names of them.

We have a new feature that lets you choose a prefix for your thread. If anyone thinks it would be a good idea, I could add some like “Advice needed,” “Trigger Warning,” “Helpful,” “Funny” and “Question.”

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,021 Posts
Does anyone know how to change our titles now? I can't see an option to do this anymore anywhere. My title only made sense with my last avatar (well not even then to most people probably.)

Also I can't delete posts at all anymore (even ones I've just made,) only edit them so I miss that.

@SAS Admin

·
Registered
Worthless garbage
9,241 Posts
I don't know if I'm missing it, but I wish there was the icons on the threads letting us know if we posted there or not. Sometimes I have a bad memory.

·
Administrator
9,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #810 ·
I have noticed that we haven't had any reported posts since the forum upgrade. For anyone who needs to report a post, you can do it by clicking on the three dots on the right side of the post you would like to report. There should be a drop-down menu where you can click Report. :)

You can also report posts you would like removed. We can do this for you, but please don't ask for more than two or three at a time. For help with your custom member title, or username changes, please send me a PM so I can help you.

Reactions: iAmCodeMonkey

·
😀
7,509 Posts

I’m on Safari for iPad and clicking any of the options in the screenshot I’ve included doesn’t do anything. Kindly fix it.

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,021 Posts
Does anyone know how to change our titles now? I can't see an option to do this anymore anywhere. My title only made sense with my last avatar (well not even then to most people probably.)

Also I can't delete posts at all anymore (even ones I've just made,) only edit them so I miss that.

@SAS Admin
Please remove my user title/give us the option to change it back. (I'd prefer the latter option since registered sounds boring and unnecessary when some people have their own personalised ones left over, but if for some reason we're not allowed to do that then please at least remove my current one.)

I mean I feel like the idea behind why it's unchangeable now was so you could distinguish administrators and moderators from other posters? So maybe just make it so those words are not allowed in the titles for regular posters since at this point regular posters have a variety of titles anyway left over from before + the registered one.

·
Administrator
9,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #813 ·
Please remove my user title/give us the option to change it back. (I'd prefer the latter option since registered sounds boring and unnecessary when some people have their own personalised ones left over, but if for some reason we're not allowed to do that then please at least remove my current one.)

I mean I feel like the idea behind why it's unchangeable now was so you could distinguish administrators and moderators from other posters? So maybe just make it so those words are not allowed in the titles for regular posters since at this point regular posters have a variety of titles anyway left over from before + the registered one.
I changed it to SAS Member for you. :) I think the biggest way to distinguish staff members from regular members was our coloured usernames, but we don’t have those anymore. A lot of people will miss having and changing customised user titles. :(

Reactions: iAmCodeMonkey

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,021 Posts
I changed it to SAS Member for you. :) I think the biggest way to distinguish staff members from regular members was our coloured usernames, but we don’t have those anymore. A lot of people will miss having and changing customised user titles. :(
Thanks! :) Yeah I guess we can customise moods now instead to use as titles, but I was using mine as a location field since they removed that on posts lol and only have flags. I guess I'll have to decide between the two in the future.

·
Registered
---------------------------- ▓▓▓▓Groovy▓▓▓▓
7,706 Posts
Members having the ability to hide/ignore sections of this forum would improve the overall experience dramatically.. Well, at least for me 🙃 I've looked for extensions that might be able to do that for me, but haven't found any specific for XenForo and the only alternative I can think of is to block each section through AdBlocker, which would be fine but then I would need to do so for the new posts as well which takes away a lot of the functionality of the forum.

If XenForo supports such a feature, can we please get it?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I am happy with this forum site. It may be quiet for a while but a few are still active. And it is a great platform being managed by our administrators - kudos to your continued effort to keep this site insightful, and helpful.

·
Loathed Loiterer
8,250 Posts
Is the function to delete our own posts ever going to be made available?

801 - 820 of 840 Posts