Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
761 - 780 of 876 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
I dont give a flying **** about how images align and trivial **** like that but it looks like there are some serious privacy issues going on the blog.

·
Super Moderator
34,579 Posts
I dont give a flying ** about how images align and trivial ** like that but it looks like there are some serious privacy issues going on the blog.
The whole blog section is a clusterfrig to say the least....
It looks like the site admin has gone offline for the time being. A temporary solution might be to soft delete your blog entries (if you're concerned about the privacy thing). That's assuming you still have the ability to soft delete them. I could do it but obviously, there could be a whole bunch of people wanting me to do it for them and I'm just one person. But if you have the ability, you could soft delete the ones you want private temporarily until you can sort things out with the admins.

·
Registered
717 Posts
It looks like the site admin has gone offline for the time being. A temporary solution might be to soft delete your blog entries (if you're concerned about the privacy thing). That's assuming you still have the ability to soft delete them. I could do it but obviously, there could be a whole bunch of people wanting me to do it for them and I'm just one person. But if you have the ability, you could soft delete the ones you want private temporarily until you can sort things out with the admins.
Cant delete soft, hard or in-between but also cant edit because >>>

• You may not edit more than 10 different post(s) within 7 days
bloody hell ... who rolled this out without testing properly???????????????????????

·
Super Moderator
34,579 Posts

bloody hell ... who rolled this out without testing properly???????????????????????
Oh I think they meant for it to be this way. I have read before that they wanted a limit on edits and deletes. Also, the blogs on this forum were I guess pretty unusual and maybe kind of hard to integrate into a different format. Just my guess. I never saw a blog section on a forum like the one SAS had.

·
Registered
---------------------------- ▓▓▓▓Groovy▓▓▓▓
7,825 Posts
Oh I think they meant for it to be this way. I have read before that they wanted a limit on edits and deletes.
:( I'm an editholic, I probably change a post half a dozen times throughout the day after I make one. This is bad mojo, not trying to be a chronic complainer here - but do you and other mods think we could convince the higher ups to change this policy and allow us to delete posts too? I'm not sure how much pull any of you have here, or if you are like the rest of us shaking our fists at the sky lol.

·
Dreamer
116 Posts
Oh I think they meant for it to be this way. I have read before that they wanted a limit on edits and deletes. Also, the blogs on this forum were I guess pretty unusual and maybe kind of hard to integrate into a different format. Just my guess. I never saw a blog section on a forum like the one SAS had.
I used to maintain a blog on another forum many years ago that was integrated into the forum, a bit like this version we have now, but it was easier to navigate. Unfortunately, I can't exactly remember how it was setup because of memory problems I have connected to that period of my life. I think it involved individual subforums within the overarching framework of the main blog section.

·
Dreamer
116 Posts
:( I'm an editholic, I probably change a post half a dozen times throughout the day after I make one. This is bad mojo, not trying to be a chronic complainer here - but do you and other mods think we could convince the higher ups to change this policy and allow us to delete posts too? I'm not sure how much pull any of you have here, or if you are like the rest of us shaking our fists at the sky lol.
Me too. I have a tendency to re-read my blog entries a lot out of self-consciousness and make a lot of edits when I notice spelling mistakes and grammatical errors. I feel the way of doing things that feels comfortable for me could run afoul of the new limitations.

·
Karmically Cryptic
Wonder
1,651 Posts
I edit quite a bit as well. I tend to write quickly then post and another thought on the topic will come to mind and I edit it in. Sometimes several times in a row. Now I guess I either let it go or make another post which feels like spamming and I don't like to do that.

·
Registered
717 Posts
[sarcasm]OK well that's comforting to know it was planned that way! [/sarcasm]
I don't use the forum too much and tend to be drawn towards the "unusual" things like the blog.
Thank for your feedback. Ive sent a message to site admin... now I just need to take some deep breaths .. and maybe a bottle or two of vodka and wait to see what comes of things.

·
Dog in the sun.
455 Posts

Horrible. Just horrible.

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
^ This is a horrible idea. People are already anxious about posting here. A rule like this is just going to discourage people even more. I edit my posts all the time.
Yikes! I edit my posts multiple times, even small things like grammar or to add something etc. This is really bad.

·
Registered
717 Posts
The edit limit seems to be different for forums and blogs.
I've exceeded my limit for blogs but I can still make edits on forum posts.

·
bipolar
17,190 Posts
I'm not so concerned about editing - although I do it to tidy things up or correct typos etc a bit. My main thing is deleting posts. If there were a bulk-delete facility on this I would have deleted everything I've ever written on here a few times over by now.

I guess that's the reasoning - forum makers and owners want to keep posts on their forums. It sort of defeats the purpose of having one otherwise. I just need to try and be more careful what I post on here. Difficult sometimes when I'm not feeling well though.

·
Wonderland
10,602 Posts
*Blog posts should have been transparent they were being turned into threads that were now out of their control (eg can’t edit, restrict to certain group of people, hide to self, delete, delete comments if wished) huge change for the bloggers here.

*Post edits - VS You do realize this is an anxiety forum with people that over think and edit a lot and or have OCD?

*Albums it should of been transparent we couldn’t delete images of ourselves.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I'm not so concerned about editing - although I do it to tidy things up or correct typos etc a bit. My main thing is deleting posts. If there were a bulk-delete facility on this I would have deleted everything I've ever written on here a few times over by now.

I guess that's the reasoning - forum makers and owners want to keep posts on their forums. It sort of defeats the purpose of having one otherwise. I just need to try and be more careful what I post on here. Difficult sometimes when I'm not feeling well though.
My concern with editing is because I have no control over deleting. And now all my blog edits have been used up and my content that was previously private is now publicly viewable by anyone at all.
I agree with what you say. Thanks to depression and generally not giving a sh1t about much at all, I got lazy and trusted my content was OK on this site. I should have known better.
It's very concerning about the decisions that govern the running of this forum. It takes me a great deal of effort to try to convince myself daily that we are not a means of commodification and that we actually do have control and ownership of our own personal content.

·
Super Moderator
34,579 Posts
The edit limit seems to be different for forums and blogs.
I've exceeded my limit for blogs but I can still make edits on forum posts.
I think that you have unlimited edits for the first 24 hours after something is posted and then the limit kicks in. So blogs you made more than a day ago would be more limited than posts you made today. Note I might have that rwong

·
Super Moderator
34,579 Posts
While I agree that it is a bad idea to put strict limits like that on an anxiety forum, I have seen worse. I have seen forums where you can't edit anything after a couple of hours and you can't even request for your posts to be deleted.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I think that you have unlimited edits for the first 24 hours after something is posted and then the limit kicks in. So blogs you made more than a day ago would be more limited than posts you made today. Note I might have that rwong
You are correct. I can edit a post that I just made now but I can't edit a post that I made a day ago (must be over 24 hours ago)
Sorry for my potty mouth but this is SERIOUSLY ****ed up.
BTW Please correct your typos as they are adding to my stress levels ;) :LOL:

761 - 780 of 876 Posts