Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to know cause the second I wake up, I start worrying about work, whether it's my day off or not, and what will happen that day. I've talked to someone about that and I got a look like I suddenly grew ten heads or something. Does anyone else start worrying the moment they open their eyes?

·
Ex SA Suffer-er lol :)
124 Posts
yea im like this to sometimes but slowly thinking more positive so ive stopped... but i used to wake up and as soon as i open my eyes i would worry about if im anxious or not.. am i negative thinking..am i mentally prepared to take on my day today.... is my anxiety going to get in the way today.. do i have to do anything anxiety provokinig today.. how is my day at school going to go.. but you have to learn to stop trying to guess cause when we do this we usually end up thinking the wrost is going to happen and if we take on the day with that mind set any little thiiing that happens your mind will think that that proves that you were right and that everything that happens to you is bad blah blah blah and the mind goes into irrational thinking mode.. so just think more posiotive is what im trying to say and more rational.. even though it can be hard at times it takes practice..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nothing really that specific, although i cant remember the last time i woke up in a particularly good mood.

·
Registered
41 Posts
In my last job this used to happen to me all the time. I can see now that it was all down to stress. I used to dream about work and I used wake up thinking about work, it was awful. Do you think you might be under too much stress? you might need to learn to relax, which is actually harder than you think

·
Protector of the Den
15,048 Posts
Depends on what is expected of me for that day(work, school, etc). Varies a lot. I'm not really sure. Sometimes I think about my dreams.

·
Done with SA
1,818 Posts
Bathroom, mostly. Hoping one of them is free.
Sometimes, I'll wonder why I turned on my alarm clock because it's annoying, but then remember I have somewhere to be and that I need to turn the alarm off and get up.
And other times, if I have nothing to do, I'll think about going back to sleep and then I go back to sleep.

·
A jagged pulse
310 Posts
Usually i worry about my family and their safety throughout the day.,what im gong to wear, and will people "stare " at me or not:mum

·
Registered
609 Posts
when i wake up i dont really worry about much i just go on auto-pilot....its when the day gets started i start to wonder why am i alive...what is my purpose, is there a good reason to keep doing this?its not all related to depression either...

·
Registered
209 Posts
I tend to wake up most mornings with my heart racing and feeling a bit on edge... even if I don't have to go anywhere. I'm not sure why. I usually think about what I have to do that day. The feeling goes away once I get up. It's odd.

·
killer of conversations
10,545 Posts
Unless I'm waking from a particularly awesome dream, then yes, my mind usually goes straight to worry in one form or another. I immediately have to make my thoughts neutral.

·
Losing Ground
2,121 Posts
I usually don't worry about anything in particular when I first wake up, I just get depressed, I usually just put my head down and put my hands over my face and just think "I can't believe this is my ****ing life, I can't believe it actually got this bad, to this point. How the **** am I going to make it through another day?????"

·
Spread Your Wings
1,512 Posts
Depressed and guilty about my current life.

·
Bomb Diggity
104 Posts
It usually depends on what mood I go to bed with.

On somedays I'm thinking what should I do differently?
On others I'm thinking blaaaaaaaah.
and on rare occasions I'm like Hell yes Let's go for a walk!

:sus

·
Hated by all females
539 Posts
1 - *groggy* going back to bed
2 - *groggy* if I do a quick X(shower,shave,etc..) then I can get Y more minutes of sleep
3 - repeat steps 1 and 2

Eventually the grogginess will clear just enough for me to break out of the loop and get out of bed
My first conscious thought is almost always about the dreams I had that night. My dreams haunt me. I don't have bad dreams/nightmares and I don't have good dreams. They are just dreams random sequences of perfectly possible events, but when I wake they leave me in such a depressed, lonely, anxious, and fearful state that can last for hours, days, or even weeks.
Hmmm...starting to ramble on about that...maybe a good question to post to the forums

1 - 20 of 28 Posts