Actually, like my personal traits, my preferences towards physical traits are just that....preferences. Actually, I'm attracted to a wide variety of women in terms of physical traits.
There was in fact a fellow member in this site that doesn't fulfill my preferences (especially in terms of the hair) but I was madly attracted to her (she hasn't post here recently).
By the way, I'm not really into goth girls in terms of their sub-culture, just that I like the look. It was just a joke because when I did describe what is my favorite look, a friend joked that he needed to get me a goth girl.
I totally understand what you're saying. I realize they're just preferences. I realized that when I first posted. I also realize that you made this post b/c not everyone realizes that. Everyone has preferences to a certain extent (including myself) and we all modify our preferences depending upon whether or not we like the person. Really, I don't see you as being narrow-minded at all. Just to be fair, here are my preferences for physical attributes:
1. athletic (soccer player type, not football type); but non-athletic is fine too...as long as he's not too overweight
2. Dancer's body would be great b/c I love to dance, but if not, he and I will have to work on that, lol- just kidding
3. He's got to have those deep and perceptive eyes that when he looks at me, it's like he can see into my soul. I want to lose myself in his stare.
4. He must have dark hair (or blonde, or red). It just can't be purple, except I saw a guy once who had green hair and he pulled it off pretty well.
5. Preferably looks like Ryan Phillippe
Remember, these are just PREFERENCES. For instance, if I met a guy with purple hair but he was a great dancer, I might still consider going out with him.