Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we all probably have a lot of free time seeing as most of us don't go anywhere. What do you do to take up your time?

My routine consists of a cycle of watching tons of movies/tv shows, eating, playing guitar/drums, starring at the wall, playing with my cat, sitting outside, napping, rinse/repeat. I get really sick of this cycle, especially on the weekends, so sometimes i'll just drive around at night.

Right now it is Friday night 8pm and i've been trying to decide what I want to eat for the past hour.

boooooorrrrrringgggggg

·
Registered
444 Posts
I work and go to school but in my free time I like to read, watch movies/shows, play hockey and video games.

·
Permanently bored
2,813 Posts
Since I don't have a job and I'm not in education, all of my time is free time, and this is how I spend it:

1. Wake up in the afternoon
2. Turn on computer and eat snacks
3. Get bored of reading forums and play guitar
4. People start complaining that it's too late to play guitar
5. Eat dinner
6. Watch an episode of something
7. Get back on computer
8. Realise that it's already 4AM and goto bed
9. Watch a DVD and fall asleep half way through it

Rinse and repeat. Occasionally I deviate from this and go out, but that's very rare. If I go out, it's usually only to goto an appointment, visit my dad or see the only friend I've kept in contact with since I left school who happens to live miles away. Maybe once a year I'll do something that's actually fun like see a movie (it'd have to be a really good movie that I'm actually excited about, and those are rare) or goto a concert (plenty of those come along, seeing as I live right next to London, but rarely bother going to them). But usually it's just the same routine every day.

·
Day Of The Dead
945 Posts
I wake up and flip on my PC. I get ready for the day, then either kickstart my day with a video game, or jump right into this virtual land where I'm not alone. Then, it's usually a back and forth between the two, with some TV time thrown in.

Story of my life.

·
subtastic
7,692 Posts
I catch up on all the TV that my DVR records for me. I love that thing.

I nap a lot. I rarely have a day off that doesn't involve napping.

I also like to read, cook, garden, and listen to music.

·
is getting over herself
12,022 Posts
spend. money. (no, I am not rich).

·
Lost
342 Posts
ha i spend too much time on my computer.

- watch tv
- watch dvds
- play computer games
- surf internet
- study
- play squash (that's a little more social than the others)
- watch sport
- hang out with friends occasionally - not that often though recently

·
Registered
6 Posts
Music, music, music. I go on LiveJournal every day and get some new music. I've found all kinds of new artists that way. I also go to movies all the time. For some reason, the only place I don't mind being in a crowd of people is at the movies.

·
Banned
1,198 Posts
i try to teach myself how to do something new in my spare time. so far i know how to fix computers, draw, fix air conditioners, install car stereo systems, make furniture, fix refrigerators, light mechanic, mix music in my computer, plumbing, and more. i like learning new things with a passion, it's my thing.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Break up with my girlfriend every two days then get back with her then break up with her again. I dunno why I do it really. I keep thinking things will change, she has a very emotional background and I keep thinking that she will change and that I can help her somehow. Then I realize that I need to help myself before I can help anyone else lol. I don't even have a job at least she has a job.

I usually end up going to the unemployment office once a week even though it is torture. Most of the time I read, play computer games, research things on the net. Lots of my time is devoted to trying to find information on something that I might enjoy doing since most of my hobbies I don't enjoy anymore. It doesn't seem to be working well though =(

·
Registered
425 Posts
Well outside of work,school,entertainment,weights,basketball, I really don't do anything. I occassionally go out to watch a movie by myself, but I consider movies part of my 'entertainment'. I just walk around the house aimlessly searching for 'things'.

·
Haters to the left.
No alarms and no surprises
2,733 Posts
I go to school, eat, paint, read books, read magazines, go online, watch tv.

If I feel like I absolutely have to leave the house, I usually go to the local mall to do some shopping.

·
Banned
322 Posts
My instinctive answer was to write "not much", but I guess I can manage to elaborate a little.

Since I got RSI from trying to fill too much free time with video games, I now fill my free time with such wonderous activities as writing - for my blogs and other things; watching trashy T.V. programmes; watching films; staring at walls thinking depressing thoughts; reading; talking to various internet people...except they have all disappeared now; repeatedly hitting the refresh button on various forums and posting inane and over-long messages... er...not much else, really.

I spend a lot of time staring at my watch, watching the seconds going up and thinking that each second that passes is one second closer to my own death - this is because I am a very cheerful and optimistic sort of person.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
I have an 10 year old and I'm divorced and there is no active Dad in his life - nuff said? No, ok, well I work full-time so I guess I am real lucky there - except that my job is stressful and anxiety-ridden --- hmmm is that an oxymoron (or maybe I'm just a moron that needs more air lol)... so I wake up and monitor him getting ready and doing all his stuff to get ready to go while I get ready to go, drop him off at summer-care, go to work by 7:30 a.m., get off work and pick him back up by 5 p.m. and come home, make supper, and then I am on here while he plays video games or we will watch a movie on VHS or DVD together till bedtime then we both go to bed. Weekends I have laundry, dishes, the yard to take care of ... other catchup/cleanup stuff that has accumulated through the week, Church, and being back on here in SAS or emailing other people checking Facebook occasionally. If I have to, and I do at some point lol, I go to the grocery store or to Wal-Mart/K-Mart/Lowe's... that's about it unless I need to take my son to a movie, skating or to the nearest lake to swim or to visit family but that is rare (I try to do those things as often as I can manage but I know it isn't as often as I probably should make myself do it). I suppose if it weren't for my son my SA would be a LOT worse. There are things you do for you kid that you wouldn't do for yourself.

·
Banned
227 Posts
As of lately, I've been staring into the computer screen, chardonnay at hand, wondering through this vast abyss. I'm back at uni now, so hopefully this bad habbit will diminish over time. You can commonly find me here, at my desk, or at the video store in search of american indie movies I'm yet to see. I contemplate doing many things, none of which ever eventuate past staring at my msn contacts with a blank expression, wondering if I should write or not.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts