Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
oh how I know that, that is the main reason I don't like talking to some people, because i dont think I have anything to say they will find interresting.

·
We Found Love
4,685 Posts
meh.

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
I daydream, I stare into space, I get out a book and start reading.....really I'd rather be alone than put up with stuff I am not interested in

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Let's say you were smarter and knew more than everybody around you. Would that be better? I would think you'd be bored out of you skull. You would feel like you were surrounded by children and it would be even more frustrating, I would think?

·
Banned
12,909 Posts
Continue with what I was doing before. Self entertainment is a very important skill to have.

·
Banned
3,285 Posts
Either learn from them and see if I can apply it to others. I mean some of us make friends so we can observe their habits and see if we can experience some of it. We may have kick ourselves in the butt just to do it.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I get really jealous and anxious.....and give them a death stare. But really,this is a huge thing that keeps me from being myself around others,just simply getting intimidated by other people having a better attitude than me,better looking,smarter..etc.I feel you OP!

·
Anthropophobia
290 Posts
Kill them.
HAHAHA YES! For me I go back and forth between feeling somewhat down about not being as "cool" as all the social people around me who treat me like I'm invisible, and then not caring at all about it. Overall I don't give a **** about being cool or being socially accepted. A lot of the social people are annoying and typical. And they're all as depressed and ****ed up on the inside as I am and as we all are.

·
Banned
1,694 Posts
I get mad and whip out my penis to show them who is really cool.

Lol...Well considering the fact that I am usually curious as to what is going on around me, and I enjoy learning outside of a classroom..if the person is all those things, I just shut up and listen to what they have to say.

·
Avernus
791 Posts
More interesting: According to whom? If I find them genuinely interesting then I guess I'll listen to what they have to say. If it's just that they're popular or something, but I personally find them boring, then I don't really care much.

Smarter: Learn from them. The smarter they are and the more they know, the more I can generally gain from the experience. I'm not saying I never get envious, because I really do, but that's probably one of the worst emotions to act on.

More current: Who cares? I'd probably ignore them. What does current mean, watching all the 'right' shows on TV? I mentally live in the 19th century, aside from all these new gadgets. I'd rather talk about anything other than what's "current". I'd rather meet someone completely obsessed with ancient times, a devoted archaeologist or historian, and no clue about modern entertainment or culture.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts