Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Dog in the sun.
433 Posts
I daydream about social interaction situations a lot. A lot of times I daydream scenes since I used to dream of film making. Those two intersect a lot, though the scenes get a lot more outlandish or extreme.

·
Karmically Cryptic
Wonder
836 Posts
I don't really daydream anymore other than when I'm really low into depression I daydream about...possible trigger...

what death is like...either what it would be like to no longer feel human emotions in a physical body...the possibility of feeling true peace and serenity...finally being able to rest. How all the pressures of the things on earth that seem so important no longer matter.
I did a lot growing up, in fact I was almost always lost in my mind in day dreams and fantasies. If I'm caught up in my mind now it's usually memories or future planning. Meditation helps a lot for me with this and I know I should do it more often, I know I'm not the only one but for some reason sometimes I don't do things that I know would make me feel better in a matter of minutes. Like right now.

·
Terminator
13,154 Posts
Lots of things.

·
Registered
---------------------------- ▓▓▓▓Groovy▓▓▓▓
7,505 Posts
It could be just about anything, I spend most of my time in one day dream or another. I spend a lot of my day dreams, figuring out how to solve some problem or another. Sometimes my flights of fancy are just envisioning some event that will never occur, and how I would respond to it. For an example, a zombie apocalypse, how I would react to a certain encounter and so on. Usually, they focus on working out solutions to things I may be facing though. I really enjoy doing that, and eventually putting those daydreams to practical use.

·
SUS Member
10,507 Posts
I tend to ruminate obsessively about health concerns, being homeless, being harassed or assaulted for being trans, etc. And I tend to think obsessively about solving certain kinds of intellectual problems or narrative challenges in my writing. But I'm not counting any of that.

As far as daydreaming goes, which I will operationally define as something I do for pleasure to escape the painful realities of my existence, I tend to think about what my life would be like if it were perfect/if I lived in an ideal world where all my wishes came true. What I would look like, how I would spend my time, where I would spend my time, who I would spend my time with. I tend to daydream intentionally to induce states of relaxation (since focusing on my breathing doesn't help) and to (hopefully) counter some of the toxic effects/negative brain chemistry that my constant worrying produces.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I usually try to avoid those kinds of thoughts unless I'm lying in bed because they were interfering with my life, making me distracted or anxious and less productive. I don't daydream about anything too grandiose or unfeasible. It's usually about receiving affection from people I'm attracted to.

·
Loathed Loiterer
7,856 Posts
For the most part: past social interactions, imagining future social interactions, worries, and creativity stuff. Although I guess I wouldn't count worries as daydreaming.

·
customusertitle
740 Posts
I don't allow that. Always have something to listen to.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
SAS Member
8800 blue lick road
41,964 Posts
I don't daydream much really in every day settings. I used to daydream a lot before going to sleep like little films/stories in my head but I've gone through phases with that and haven't in a couple of years now. Now and then other thoughts will pop into my head though, sometimes fantasy stuff and sometimes more mundane daydreams. They are often employment or relationship focussed if they're not fantasy stuff, but there's a kind of cap on how unrealistic they can be though if they involve me. Happens more when I'm not distracting myself with something too I think (which I often am.)

·
Failure's Art
1,904 Posts
I day dream a lot. I don't have a satisfying life so yea.

I stay inside my bed
I have lived so many lives all in my head

·
SAS Member
716 Posts
being dead
Posted via Mobile Device

·
bipolar
16,781 Posts
Until the pandemic happened it was mostly travelling - places I've been and places I intend to go to. I still do that a bit but it's weird knowing it'll be different for quite a while now. Although they're talking about using Singapore as a hub for people to quarantine in soon for us and to travel to. Not bad I guess.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I daydream about me being genuinely happy - that's literally all I daydream about these days. I think of situations I've seen or heard of other people being in where they are very happy, and I imagine myself being in their place and feeling their joy. If I'm in my apartment by myself daydreaming, after a while I can actually start to feel happy myself... that's why daydreaming is my favorite thing to do now.

I'm surprised that more people on here don't do this. I can't remember ever being happy in my life - these daydreams are like the only time that I ever feel at home.

·
alien monk
8,438 Posts
often about conversations I probably wont have irl (I just did that and it can be surprising when I realise it's not real, I just go off in my head). some topic that I'm thinking about, but as a conversation. revenge fantasies. I mean as a kid I would fantasise until I went to sleep, I do that sometimes these days. yeah big on revenge fantasies, powers, what would I do if I had X power, etc. especially things like pyrokinesis, or just if I set the house on fire. sometimes I imagine if I had the power to heal people or to change my form etc etc. I'm not good at creating origin stories so usually it's just that the power just appears inexplicably. probably what's most frequent is the simulated conversations, which are usually non-fantasy, just like I was talking to them (except it's mostly just me talking and they dont interrupt or misunderstand me and it doesnt go badly etc etc). also listening to music I will pretend that I am performing to people and that they're all really impressed. thinking about philosophy can often turn into a fantasy thing where I'm just saying what i think and everyone agrees with me lol. also relationship things, touching their face, a hug, various relationship problem scenarios.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts