Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
121 - 140 of 175 Posts

· Super Moderator
10,240 Posts
Planning to buy more stackable sections of these storage cubes to add to my existing set, one I had for probably 20 years. I was surprised I could easily find these and it looks like it might be fit based on the dimensions.
Product Line Parallel Art Rectangle

I also need to buy a new pair of wireless earbuds. The ones I have lasted 2 years exactly before the right one no longer works, as the volume is very low now. I wonder if it's due to its constant exposure to sweat in my ears, even though they're suppose to be rated very high on the waterproof scale. The previous ones I had before this, they were nearly $100 and I lost them after a few months. And I don't like listening to music on my airpods or use them outdoors, since they aren't at all good for music, great for calls or listening to talking though, but I would be devasted if I lose them. I guess this is why I just stick to the cheap earbuds for outdoor use.

· SASsy
18,775 Posts
A new car. Mine is 21 years old. It had some major issues earlier this year. New cars are crazy expensive and used car prices are very high, too. I hate to buy one right now because it's a horrible time to buy a car. Not to mention gas prices and inflation...ugh.

· Registered
Crawling out
431 Posts
I need to get a new chair. The one I've been using is beyond broken. Missing wheels, cracked in some places, etc. I sit on it and the back support leans back. It cannot be good for posture. I normally switch between sitting on a chair on kneeling on a pillow as I use the PC throughout the day. Perhaps I kneel more than sitting... can't be good for my knees. I've thought about standing up too. Now, the options are endless... what kind of chair to select... definitely not one made out of material that causes me to warm up easily.
Alright, I have narrowed it down to one chair. I am also going to buy some cat grass seeds for my cat to chew on when they sprout, since the old one she had has died. ...I'm also looking into buying a set of dumbbells. Probably those that save space such as Powerblocks. But they're pricey. I'm looking into cheaper alternatives.

· Registered
2,165 Posts
Funny. I just recently learned what this is. Well, I always knew it existed but I didn't know what it was called (I just called it switch cleaner). It's a product I probably should have always had since I was a teenager but never put in the effort to acquire.

I used to use this, without really enough knowledge. I'd use it on faders, pots and switches.

It worked and was fine on some things but others, it would strip what ever lubricant was already on it and make it kinda grind.

The lube I mentioned and got, is for conductive Plastics. Good to use if your not sure (usually because you can't access it well enough) whether it's plastic and metal components.

I have learned that your best to clean the component with the likes of isopropyl alcohol first (if you can) and then add the lubricant.

The Deoxit range is mind boggling, well worth a look. Always good to have some in your arsenal.

Home - CAIG

Reactions: WillYouStopDave

· Super Moderator
38,945 Posts
I am browsing for some vitamin D3 pills since the ones I've been prescribed have run out. I'm also going to get some K2 vitamins since apparently they help with absorbing D3.
You can get them just about anywhere. Only problem is it's impossible to know which brands to trust. Amazon has a big selection. Some brands seem better than others but of course all they have to do is put a lot of effort into presentation.

Right now I'm just taking plain old D3 from Costco. I have no idea if it's doin anything.

· Registered
Crawling out
431 Posts
You can get them just about anywhere. Only problem is it's impossible to know which brands to trust. Amazon has a big selection. Some brands seem better than others but of course all they have to do is put a lot of effort into presentation.

Right now I'm just taking plain old D3 from Costco. I have no idea if it's doin anything.
Yeah, vitamins have always been a bit of a problem to choose. So many brands, different ingredients for each, and with me not being a scientist to properly know terms, I think I'll just go for some high pill count/low cost combo.

· Super Moderator
38,945 Posts
Yeah, vitamins have always been a bit of a problem to choose. So many brands, different ingredients for each, and with me not being a scientist to properly know terms, I think I'll just go for some high pill count/low cost combo.
Well, they're also not regulated the way medicine is so that just makes everything worse. They can basically say anything they want. They can make a very pretty package and extoll the virtues of their company and how all their ingredients are wholesome and natural and non-gmo and Kosher and termite free and not radioactive from being made in China in the pit of a retired uranium mine. But really, they don't have to prove any of it and if you can't prove otherwise, you just have to take their word for it. No one will hold them accountable for any lies unless they get caught.

· Registered
Crawling out
431 Posts
Well, they're also not regulated the way medicine is so that just makes everything worse. They can basically say anything they want. They can make a very pretty package and extoll the virtues of their company and how all their ingredients are wholesome and natural and non-gmo and Kosher and termite free and not radioactive from being made in China in the pit of a retired uranium mine. But really, they don't have to prove any of it and if you can't prove otherwise, you just have to take their word for it. No one will hold them accountable for any lies unless they get caught.
Well crap. Maybe I should have asked for a refill on my prescription, perhaps those from the brand "Rugby" are better...
... and I found that they can be bought on amazon. :confused: I hope for the best.

· Registered
10,772 Posts
No buying things outside of food, hygiene stuff, or gas for vehicle. Have to save more money just in case I lose my job.

Reactions: Cletis
121 - 140 of 175 Posts