Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i have just met someone and the time has come to meet family etc, i guess you can imagine im really anxious and also i feel dumb that im stressing over this and i wonder if others think im simply nervous and shy and dont realise exactly what it really is, and now i feel ive embarrassed myself so bad i dont want to show my face or talk to him again, but i like him so much that i just.....i dont know what to do:no:|

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey allyandus welcome. :)

·
Registered
591 Posts
have you already met his family? this is most def the most toughest part of being in a seriously relationship in my opinion mainly because i personally feel like the family is the most judgemental. I dont have any advice for you, just a hug and a good luck :)

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
Registered
529 Posts
Whether you've met his family yet or not don't shut him out if you like him, because of embarassment. At least give the two of you a chance. I'd say only stop talking to him if he did something to deserve it. He might be completely understanding & the perfect guy but you'll never know if you don't talk to him anymore. People grow on people. Regardless if you meet his family & what the family thinks of you now or later. I think the relationship between you two is the most important thing. Other folks might come around later even if not at first meeting.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, Allyandus! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts