Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
❤️
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just need some ideas for myself, because I'm going to be a senior in high school and have no idea what I'll major in. Thinking about engineering, but I'm not sure because people say there are barely any female engineers. Plus, I'm not exactly the best in the maths and sciences. I feel like this thread is going to get moved soon...but anyway..

What's your major/what did you major in?

·
Registered
10,481 Posts
I majored in Human Services. Which now I wish I didn't. Too much bull crap politics and have to put up with constant state budget cuts and they fire people dumping more and more work on me.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have degrees in Art History and English. Engineering is a great way to go as there are so many different avenues to explore. If that's what you want to do, then all the hard work you put in will be appreciated more, by yourself for one, than if you go into something you really don't want to do to either appease others, or because it's "easy". It's definitely worth the struggle in the end. I do have to say I wish I would have listened to others when they told me Liberal Arts degrees are for jobs that MIGHT be there in the future. If you want to use your degree right out of school, check the demographics to see if you can find a job in the area (unless you don't mind moving). I have friends who have expensive degrees, but are in the completely wrong area to use them.

There are a lot of components that go along with deciding which avenue to pursue in an educational field; however, the best barometer to make a decision, is usually the one which you are most passionate about.

Best of luck!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I majored in psychology.

After I graduated (way back in 2008), I didn't figure out what I really to study until 2013. I always wanted to become a problem solver that contributed positively to the world. SK it was either applied math, engineering, or economics.

Gotta save up to go back to school lol...

·
8 Posts
I majored in computer hardware engineering and currently perusing a master degree in artificial intelligence and robotics. I can assure you that you can do amazing in engineering field if you really like it and it doesn't need that much deep understanding of science and mathematics. You see we engineers just use the available knowledge and most of us don't care how exactly everything is working as long as everything is working ;)

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I majored in history. Unfortunately, a history major is more likely to be unemployed when we graduate, and tend to get paid less, compared to a lot of other degrees. However, engineering will get you a job, and probably one that pays well.

·
Hopeful & Strong : )
174 Posts
Right now I'm majoring in psychology. I enjoy it because it sometimes helps me to understand myself and others a little bit better. I was also tempted to study history and archeology because I find both subjects to be very interesting, but like Morpheus said the job outlook for careers in those fields aren't so good. You should definitely always consider what career path will get your bills paid, especially your student loans.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts