Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
561 - 580 of 593 Posts

·
Super Moderator
38,325 Posts
Went to pay my post office fee and it turned out better than I thought cause I thought I had to pay the yearly fee but it was just the six month one. If I paid the yearly fee it would've been higher than my lightbill this month and my lightbill is the lowest it's been so far since I lived here.
Watch out if you run that heater you bought. An electric heater will send your electric bill soaring if you use it a lot.

Then, I went to Dollar Tree to get some goodies. Got more of those tuna packets that I like and there were only four left so I grabbed all of them. Also, got a minions bag they had there at the check out aisle. I liked the funny minions poses on it. 😂 I put my goodies that I bought in it so they can be organized next to my other goodies bag. 🎒
You ever try those tuna kits with crackers and (what I can only describe as) tuna spread?

·
Registered
8,832 Posts
Watch out if you run that heater you bought. An electric heater will send your electric bill soaring if you use it a lot.

You ever try those tuna kits with crackers and (what I can only describe as) tuna spread?
Yea, I turn it off and on throughout the day. That helps save.

I tried those before. I'd like them without the bellpeppers in them but they're not bad. Something about those bellpeppers is too strong or something. I like the tuna part and the crackers, though. I get those once in awhile.

I'm going to fry catfish for supper, also.

·
Barbells and kittens
4,495 Posts
Got the leather seats I picked up for $100 from a junkyard last week put in my work car today.

Comfort Motor vehicle Armrest Car seat Automotive tire

^ Before pic of the driver's seat anyway. Forgot to get full before pics. But was grey cloth seats before.

Brown Car Vehicle Plant Motor vehicle

Vehicle Car Car seat cover Automotive design Personal luxury car

^ After pics

My car had a manual passenger seat and this new seat is power, so that'll require some wiring on my part. The controls would be on the door panel and I'll eventually need to get the matching red door panels anyway, so I'll have to find one with the seat controls when I do. Unfortunately until then the passenger seat is stuck all the way forward, but since nobody ever rides with me in this car it's not a huge deal.

Will also need the matching carpet, dash, seat belts, and various interior trim pieces. Found a junkyard with everything I need, but it's four hours away. So might have to take a road trip in the future if they won't ship or shipping isn't practical.

Have a goal of getting this car looking halfway decent again. It's basically worth next to nothing, but it has sentimental value since it belonged to my dad.

·
See? No more pain
4,407 Posts
Went to the doctor's. Ate delicious food. Went to karate practice in costume (it's Halloween week at the dojo). Pretty nice day.

Reactions: PeanutButterOatBars

·
Registered
10,748 Posts
Yesterday after work I took the vehicle in to see if they could figure out what is causing the clunking noise when driving. It sounds like it is coming from the rear drivers side. I checked everything underneath. Nothing has severe play and can't see anything wrong. They couldn't figure out what is causing it. While they were doing that I checked out the cars on the lot and got sticker shock seeing the prices. $65,000 for a Ford f150 with this little tiny box. Only thing you can do in that is haul groceries. It is just a SUV with the back end taken off. One of the salemen got out of their car and asked me if I had questions. I said no just waiting for my vehicle to get done being worked on. I should I asked her how she could sleep at night charging the improvise people around here those kind of prices. I did see one f150 Lightening on the lot without a price sticker on it. Probably, to prevent heart attacks when people seen the price. Probably could buy a house here for the price of one of them.

This evening I was called over to one of the group homes due to one of the residents were acting out. Luckily, he was in his room calming down. I talked with him. Stupid staff should of taken him out and got him busy. Since they have two on this evening they could of done this instead of ignoring him and then he blew his stack. Some of the staff that have been hired lately aren't the sharpest tools in the shed.

·
Super Moderator
10,011 Posts
Work, walked the dog to the dog park, stayed there for about an hour, walked back home, cooked a steak for dinner.

·
Registered
10,748 Posts
Took today off to do some stuff around the house. Changed oil in the snowblower, cleaned up the brown cedar needles off the driveway, swept out the garage, washed the furnace filter. I was going to wash the road salt off the car but the time I could get to it I didn't have shade to do it.

·
Super Moderator
10,011 Posts
Tried going for a run, but 10mins in, my body decided "no you're not!" So I ended walking the rest of the way. I did walk along the shoreline on the last leg of my walk against a semi overcast sunset. It was kind of serene and calming.

Reactions: WillYouStopDave

·
Registered
10,748 Posts
Took out the trash, cleaned the litter box this morning. Went to work for 8 hours. Then came home and cleaned up a bunch of leaves at the end of the driveway. Would have spent more time but the woman across the street was outside smoking cancer sticks. Giving me a massive headache so I had to go indoors. Trying to get it done before the snow flies which will be soon. I hate living in town.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I did that thing where you turn your alarm off and lay back down for just a minute. When I next woke up it's 1 hour 40 minutes later and I should be at work. Just the other day I was thinking how I hadn't screwed up like this for ages.

·
Super Moderator
5,596 Posts
Got up fairly early to get ready and visit my parents. It's been at least a month since physically seeing them, in part because of covid. I'm glad that I was up for it and had a good time talking with them. Only left at the time that we did because of parking and the area is good at not wasting time by giving out tickets if you're a minute late.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I was watching some skate trainers on eBay. There was only one person who had placed a bid. EBay notified me it was ending in 10 minutes so I hung around watching the clock count down. Wrote my bid at 3 minutes before then waited until 10 seconds left and placed the bid and got them yay 😀

·
Registered
In repair
9,876 Posts
Tidied up my bedroom, which I've been neglecting. Put the wreath on the door. Shred some papers. Put out some of my nutcrackers. And will now make an attempt to locate our Christmas tree (that we haven't put up in a few years) in the basement.

·
Registered
10,748 Posts
I usually go out to my parent's house today, but getting on and off heavy snow squall plus the wind is going to come up. I scooped the driveway and deck. I should also do the balcony before it warms up next week.

561 - 580 of 593 Posts