Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
840 Posts
I use Firefox most of the time. Sometimes I'll use Maxthon (basically IE with extra bells and whistles like tabbed browsing) on sites where I'm 99% sure it won't pick up spyware or other crap. I'd use Firefox all the time if it ran more smoothly on my machine.

·
Super Beaver
8,033 Posts
So I just d/l firefox since everyone is raving about and I don't see much difference. What the frilly heck is this tabbing thing yr all talking about?! :stu

edit: nevermind figured it out :lol Hmm I prefer looking at my pages side by side.. back to IE for me!!

·
Banned
4,462 Posts
I use firefox most of the time, but it doesn't work with every website. Such as flash or macromedia or something like that. I have to use IE to use those.

I would download the plugins but it doesn't seem to work. :con

·
Registered
435 Posts
mserychic said:
So I just d/l firefox since everyone is raving about and I don't see much difference. What the frilly heck is this tabbing thing yr all talking about?! :stu

edit: nevermind figured it out :lol Hmm I prefer looking at my pages side by side.. back to IE for me!!
shift + click links to open in new window, ctrl + click to open in a tab :) ie will have tabs soon as well, in a sad attempt to catch up. might i add that there are a long list of plugins for firefox, and i recall seeing ones to let you have complete control over the tabs, from removing them completely to forcing them no matter what.

i use firefox, i love it, but it has hiccups with certain things... like badly coded web sites that have embedded videos amongst a mess of other junk sometimes throw it for a loop... or sites with weird activex junk or such... but other than that, i love it, and never need to open ie anymore.

i've ranted about this before but i hate ie because it's holding back the web. ms has a monopoly on the browser market, so they don't bother enhancing it... it's been untouched for SO LONG... it has awful support for new web technologies and it promotes broken html, forcing all other browsers to support bad, non-standard code, and making the web site designer's job hell.

the only reason ie is adding tabs and a couple other minor features, is because FINALLY its browser market share is slipping to firefox (what is firefox up to, 8% of market?). so now ms is barely lifting a finger to quell the resistance. sadly, it will probably work, and we will be stuck slaving over broken html and old web tech forever. does ie even support css 1 fully? UGH. thank you ms :p

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
UltraShy said:
I know zip about computers, so I use whatever this thing is that AOL gives me.
ack. You can connect to AOL and then use another browser for browsing the web, if you were interested.

i use firefox. Pop up ads, flashing banners and those flash ads annoy the heck out of me and the adblock extension allows me to block out all of those so I don't have to see them. I like tabbed browsing as well because I usually have 4-15 webpages up at a time. There is an extension for tabbed browsing as well; it adds extra functionality to them.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
wituckius said:
I use firefox most of the time, but it doesn't work with every website. Such as flash or macromedia or something like that. I have to use IE to use those.

I would download the plugins but it doesn't seem to work. :con
Do you mean extensions? What exactly is happening when you are trying to install them? For some extensions you need to setup the options. You can do this by going to Tools>Extensions>Click the extension>Options

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.