Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

What bands would you like to see before you die?

4K views 76 replies 57 participants last post by  In a Lonely Place 
#1 ·
As a music lover, one of the things that anoys me about my SA is that I often miss out on going to concerts and seeing bands that I love. Anyway This is for anyone who feels similair, post a list of bands that you would love to see, or intend to see in your lifetime.

#5 ·
I'm a huge fan of Led Zeppelin, so if they ever reunite again and play in America, I'd definitely go. I'd like to Robert Plant solo as well. I wanted to go see him on his last tour, but the closest he came to Cincinnati was Nashville and I was in Myrtle Beach that weekend.

Of the bands I haven't seen, I'd probably like to see Metallica, AC/DC, Jethro Tull, Alice In Chains, Ozzy, Bruce Hornsby, and Aerosmith the most. I had tickets to see Aerosmith this summer, but the show was canceled. I would have liked to have seen AC/DC or Metallica this year, but the cheapest seats were like $90. I'm not sure I want to see them THAT bad (although there are bands I've seen before that I would pay that much for).

#7 ·
If you asked me just over a year ago I would have said Pink Floyd (if they reunited).
but without Rick Wright, I would never go. It wouldn't be right. As historic as it would be to see Gilmour and Waters together again, it wouldn't be Pink Floyd.

Which means, topping my list would be Rush (huge shocker...), I've even made a dream set list(I even fit it in to 3 hours, their standard these days). I plan on going next tour, alone or not, and possibly more than once (if they play another convenient location), especially if they decide to add Syracuse. I've looked up past tours and there's always been at least one within a few hours drive from here.
I would like to go to a Metallica concert, but not alone.
A Soundgarden concert if they ever reunited (which won't happen)
Also Pearl Jam.

Really Rush is the only band I plan on seeing sometime in my life (I have all their concert DVD's). Maybe a David Gilmour or Roger Waters [solo] concert if they ever come up here.

#29 ·
Which means, topping my list would be Rush (huge shocker...), I've even made a dream set list(I even fit it in to 3 hours, their standard these days). I plan on going next tour, alone or not, and possibly more than once (if they play another convenient location), especially if they decide to add Syracuse. I've looked up past tours and there's always been at least one within a few hours drive from here.
I've heard rumors that Rush is planning on retiring (at least as a group) after their next tour. I've seen them twice and would highly recommend them.

#8 ·
Iron Maiden, but they rarely do any US concerts, being vastly more popular in the rest of the world. Americans lost interest in them by 1990, but they can draw gigantic crowds in places like Brazil. Wonder how long they will tour when the youngest band member is 51.

#10 ·
Maiden are awesome. Powerslave is up there with my favourite albums - it might even top the list. In the UK, you listen to any kind of metal - you're gonna get into Maiden at some point. :yes

Shame there's no new UK metal bands though. All the good new metal bands are Scandanavian. :|

#15 ·
I would have liked to have seen Marilyn Manson, whos playing my city on saturday night, but I missed out :(,
Would also like to see HIM if I make it out to soundwave next year.
Apart from that theres a whole lot of european bands that I'd like to see that will probably never tour Aus.

#16 ·
blonde redhead

amon tobin

tricky & martina topley bird

beastie boys

garbage

gorillaz

eminem

ivy

felix da housecat

#20 ·
I would like to see Muse, Coldplay and the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

But of course, they'll never come to the Caribbean. I don't know why our people are so afraid to listen to a lil rock music.

No that's not true. MANY Caribbean people listen to rock music, in their cars, or houses, but nobody admits it.

I'll tellyou right now, I listen to more rock music than Caribbean music. I don't care if you say I am out of touch with my culture or what. Its not like we're making great musicians like Bob Marley anymore.

#24 ·
The Flaming Lips
Arcade Fire
Belle and Sebastian
Yusuf
Bruce Springsteen
Radiohead
Jens Lekman
Beirut
Sufjan Stevens

#25 ·
My favourite band is Muse and though I struggle with my SA, I went to see them in 2007. I'm so glad I did too because it was absolutely amazing. They're coming back to Australia at the start of next year for the Big Day Out and I'll be going to see them again. I like that I love them so much I don't even think about the fact that there will be other people there. I'm just that focused on seeing them again, there could be a billion people there and I wouldn't care (actually, I would but only because they'd be blocking my view :D).

I went to the BDO last year too and at times I felt a bit anxious. I noticed I usually felt that way when it was a band I was less into. I remember at one stage I was in the crowd watching a band play and I kept thinking a girl was looking at me curiously like I should've been more into it, haha (my sister had wanted to see this particular band and I didn't really know many of the songs to sing along so I just stood there, LOL).

At least when it's a band you really like, you're all united in your love for them that not much else matters. You'll all be wanting to see the band. No one will care what you look like or what you do. I was so comfortable seeing Muse that I belted out the words to all of the songs, haha. =]

Some other bands I'd like to see are The Bravery, Franz Ferdinand, Placebo, IAMX, Linkin Park, Florence and the Machine.... yeah, lots. Luckily there are some others coming to the BDO other than Muse that I'm really looking forward to.

#30 ·
AD/DC (again)
Ani Difranco

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.