Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you were to peel away the surface of your social anxiety, what is underneath that? Since beginning my walk with God, i've found that i'm someone who really does not thoroughly enjoy the company of people. I turn to God to help me strengthen that by being obedient to the word. That is, being neighborly, being hospitable, offering myself, accepting invitations, just showing up. This makes the exchanges easier because i'm pleasing God, instead of catering to my own selfishness. I'm reminded through the word that its healthier and beneficial to share myself with people. Has anyone during the course of their walk discovered anything about themselves that they are letting God lead them through? You don't necessarily have to be religious to answer.

·
Full circle, new highway
365 Posts
God is bringing me to appreciate the simpler things in life; love, faith, mercy, peace, etc.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I'm very judgmental and critical. I also am resistant to change, even if it turns out to be positive. I hope to change this soon...

·
Registered
665 Posts
I care too much about what other people think of me. I also need to trust God more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts