Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - can I get an inventory of what side-effects all of you Klonopin users (past and present) have experienced while taking this drug? Did these side effects emerge shortly after starting the drug, or did they take longer to emerge?

I've experienced a variety of side-effects since starting Klonopin that I at least think can be traced to the drug itself. The latest (suspected) side-effect is coated-tongue/oral thrush that is taking a toll on my already-troubled teeth....coated-tongue is an officially-acknowledged side-effect of Klonopin. Has anyone else experienced this side-effect: a plaque-like coating on your teeth (that even re-appears shortly after brushing), a white-coating on your tongue and on the insides of your cheeks (you may see white-ish "teeth marks" on the (in)sides of your mouth?

I'm just trying to get a sense of how unusual my experience is. Other side-effects I've noticed on Klonopin are: a worsening of my scalp seborrhea, worsening of my allergies (rhinitis, sinus congestion, sneezing, inflammation, etc.), blood-sugar instability (as evidenced by food cravings), increased physical & mental fatigue, and others that I'm forgetting at this time.

·
Banned
1,376 Posts
sedation

as far as other problems you should look at a placebo trial result for klonapin and many who only took the placebo complain of many side effects

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I prefer the side-effects of Klonopin to the side-effects of life.

Re: thread, I didn't get any coating on my tongue. You sure it's not just... oral thrush?

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
I use 4 mg klonopin and it's affects my short term memory.
Now I can forget how I wasted my teenage years.
I used 8mg and remembered everything. Think positive! ;)

PS: SWIM (someone who isn't me) could obtain and used Clomethiazole once... even potent benzos are like candies compared to this stuff!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts