Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
42,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tend to drift among channels over time but my recent favourite that I discovered or watched more over the past two weeks is:

CJ The X

they post entertainment video essays mostly, they don't have many right now. I discovered them initially through this video:

I like their weird hyper style because it reminds me of the way my brain works sometimes. Somehow I watched this entire video about a show and actors/musicians I don't care about at all:

·
Super Moderator
34,094 Posts
Right now I'm binge watching THIS GUY

I just found him a few days ago and never knew his channel existed. There's another similar channel called Hobo Stobe or something but it's depressing to watch because he died a few years ago (Though I'd still recommend him to anyone who finds this stuff fascinating to watch). But yeah. I watched probably the majority of Stobe's videos before I found out he had died a few years back.

I watch a lot of RV and van living channels (see a pattern?). I will watch almost anything that catches my interest. I kind of like quirky people. Off grid types of channels.

I'm kind of addicted to ship videos. Ocean liners, cruise ships, freighter ships and even warships (although I find them a bit less interesting). I like submarine stuff too but there's not a lot on there about military submarines and I guess that makes sense.

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
42,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@WillYouStopDave

I like off grid living videos and some related stuff though I haven't watched much recently. Surviving 31 years homeless is pretty impressive. Didn't realise there was a hobo convention.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
I get annoyed real easy these days; any hint of sexism, homophobia etc. and I unsub instantly, never to return.So it's mostly down to inoffensive game-related channels that stick to the subject matter, or at least manage not to piss me off.

Lazy Game Room
Accursed Farms
Kim Justice
Ahoy
Josh Strife Hayes
LJN Defender

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
42,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I get annoyed real easy these days; any hint of sexism, homophobia etc. and I unsub instantly, never to return.So it's mostly down to inoffensive game-related channels that stick to the subject matter, or at least manage not to piss me off.

Lazy Game Room
Accursed Farms
Kim Justice
Ahoy
Josh Strife Hayes
LJN Defender
There are a bunch of gaming channels that are less antagonistic than most areas of the internet which is nice.

·
Failure's Art
2,198 Posts
I mostly watch random videos, I don't really watch anyone's channel too regularly, but these are the ones I watch somewhat often:

I love this guy Josh Fluke, he hates corporate culture as much or maybe more than even I do. Love his corporate cringe videos and take takedowns of corporate simps. I basically agree with everything he has ever said.

I watch the KEXP channel a lot.

I watch Rick Beato's stuff from time to time. He's a record producer and mostly talks about older music (early 2000s/late 90s and older) and mostly commercial stuff which I don't listen to a lot though once in a while he does a video on indie bands or music. But he's pretty interesting and knows his stuff and I really like watching him talk about music even if it's not something I really listen to.

Benedict Rogers / Hong Kong Watch. He does great interviews with lots of people in the HK pro-democracy movement, i.e. Nathan Law and others, and appreciate what he does though there isn't a ton of content on his channel.

Our Changing Climate - has a lot of short videos about climate and environmental issues.

·
Registered
189 Posts
3 Minutes of Aviation

Daily Dose of Aviation

Lucaas

Wonder

is what I watch currently in English. But I often change what I watch!

·
Failure's Art
2,198 Posts
@Manooffewwords have you ever considered going into aviation for a career? I remember you were asking about careers and opportunities to work abroad in another thread. Given your obvious interest in aviation based on the YT channels you follow it would seem like a perfect career for you. Not sure what's required to actually obtain a pilot's license but that would probably be a good way to find work abroad, and you get to see a fair amount of the world. I had an interest with aviation myself when I was a kid but ended up getting bored with it when I hit high school. I also don't think I was good enough at math to be a pilot.

·
Registered
189 Posts
@Manooffewwords have you ever considered going into aviation for a career? I remember you were asking about careers and opportunities to work abroad in another thread. Given your obvious interest in aviation based on the YT channels you follow it would seem like a perfect career for you. Not sure what's required to actually obtain a pilot's license but that would probably be a good way to find work abroad, and you get to see a fair amount of the world. I had an interest with aviation myself when I was a kid but ended up getting bored with it when I hit high school. I also don't think I was good enough at math to be a pilot.
Those videos are interesting to watch. There are many aircraft investigation videos on the 'wonder' youtube channel. Many of the accidents happened because of a small mistake. I love being a pilot of my own small aircraft but not a passenger plane. I find it difficult to understand the air traffic controller and it is not easy to become a pilot.

Listen to live ATC - Listen to Live ATC (Air Traffic Control) Communications | LiveATC.net

·
bipolar
16,988 Posts
I sometimes watch a channel by a Polish guy that's married to a Balinese girl who lives in Bali. He puts out a new video every day and it shows a lot of places I haven't been to. Sometimes it's almost like I'm there and you can feel the humid air blowing in your face. Plus sometimes videos about expats living in Thailand.

Also videos about rare books and art.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I sometimes watch a channel by a Polish guy that's married to a Balinese girl who lives in Bali. He puts out a new video every day and it shows a lot of places I haven't been to. Sometimes it's almost like I'm there and you can feel the humid air blowing in your face. Plus sometimes videos about expats living in Thailand.

Also videos about rare books and art.
I have seen a video of the Australian/Balinese Prince and their wedding.

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
Dancing Bacons - A guy in Singapore does first person views of various Asian food opportunities, wears a GoPro camera I guess. He doesn't talk and neither does his SO who sometimes appears. They go to restaurants and street food stands, but the most interesting are the many different types of odd vending machines that Asia has - machines that give you cooked pizza, hot meals and sandwiches, cooked chicken, frozen steaks, whole coconuts, freshly squeezed orange juice, etc. He also buys Asian snacks and sits at a table and reviews them using subtitles.

·
😒🤡
6,445 Posts
Daily Dose of Internet but thats always a good channel to watch. It's quick, interesting and to the point with no clickbait. Sometimes, short videos are better for me.

Going by my Youtube history, I don't normally just watch a particular channel. I just pretty much watch anything and what I feel at the time. But I have been watching a couple Youtubers that do music reviews for the past couple months and I post on those. They're smaller channels. They can be interesting to watch I guess.

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
42,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
@IcedOver

Yeah I know in Japan they have vending machines for all kind of random things even underwear vending machines.

@PurplePeopleEater I weirdly don't watch music reviewers usually even though I listen to loads of music on YouTube, I have watched a few Anthony Fantano videos before though. Probably one of the bigger music review YouTubers I think.

@either/or

Oh I actually subscribed to Rick Beato at some point a while ago but I didn't end up watching his videos.

·
Registered
---------------------------- ▓▓▓▓Groovy▓▓▓▓
7,661 Posts
I'm not sure, I usually browse youtube videos like I would a search engine when I am looking for information. I like retro computer stuffs, so I am subscribed to a few channels, but mostly I just wander around the tubes when I am interested in something. There are a lot of videos I liked, but as far as becoming a major fan of the channel - it just doesn't happen very often. For retro computing, channels like LGR, 8-bit guy, and so on.

I think my favorite channel as of late though is fantasy style humor, I shared a video with you in the S&C section a few days ago regarding bikini armor.

Like WillYouStopDave, I like a lot of the alternate living style videos, RV living, Boat living, and so on, they are a lot of fun.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts