Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Horny Lesbian not villain
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love sandwiches! :) I have sandwiches for lunch most days -- but I like to vary what I have in the sandwiches (and the sort of bread I use), every so often. Not too often though! ...As when I discover a type of sandwich that I like very much, I want to eat it again and again.

I love grated cheddar sandwiches with chutney: that is my go-to sandwich that I most love to eat for lunch, out of all of the sandwiches that I have tried. What I do is take two slices of bread and make two sandwiches out of that, using vegan butter, dairy cheese, and two different speciality chutneys that I select from whatever chutneys I have available in my fridge (one chutney for each sandwich).

I LOVE chutney. I prefer to have at least three -- maybe four! -- chutneys in my fridge, specifically for the purpose of making up different variations of the same basic grated cheddar sandwich that I love. And a wonderful thing about my small town is that it has at least three independent food shops that sell a wide variety of high-quality speciality chutneys. :) Some of the chutneys that I most enjoy include tomato and apple chutney, caramelised red onion chutney, caramelised onion chutney, and caramelised carrot chutney. Recently I tried a different chutney that I had not had before: carrot chutney with lemon pepper (it's hot!)

Oh -- and I also like vegan pastrami sandwiches. Every so often I get some vegan pastrami from the supermarket (seasoned with black pepper) which I eat with some very good quality English mustard that is available from one of the little shops that also sells the chutney.

So what sandwiches do YOU like, SAS? :)

·
Administrator
9,186 Posts
I don’t use butter unless it’s toast.

* Sliced banana with a small sprinkle of sugar to add crunch

* Strawberry jam

* Toasted cheese

* Chicken, cheese, tomato and (sometimes) lettuce. Sometimes I mix tomato, cheese, cream cheese and spinach in a pot and then put that on a sandwich, but it’s hard to eat without everything falling out.

• Love
Reactions: iAmCodeMonkey

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,786 Posts
There was this really great toasted club sandwich I used to get a decade ago from a café attached to this cultural/art charity place. I miss those sandwiches sometimes.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Cool. I have been in love with the PJ combo for decades (fresh peanut butter and strawberry jelly jam on fresh sliced bread). Roast beef and pastrami with cucumber/mustard on a fresh french/italian bakery bun is my fave sandwich for lunch:p.

·
Registered
437 Posts
There’s an American toasted sandwich chain, called Potbelly’s, where I would get a toasted Italian sub with mayonnaise, mustard and giardiniera (hot peppers). Add a bag of BBQ chips and cold root beer on the side. Yummy. :love:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Ham and salad with honey and mustard sauce. I just mix 2 spoons of double cream with 1 spoon of honey and wholegrain mustard.

Sometimes I make chilli jam and have that instead.

Chicken and bacon with salad cream in a baguette too!

·
😒🤡
7,134 Posts
I actually just posted about this on another thread the other day but I like mushed up banana with peanut butter together. Sooo good like that. I like it on bread but I think I actually prefer it by itself without bread for a snack. I'm not a huge bread person to begin with unless it's toasted bread. I'm actually craving the mushed banana and peanut butter right now. I don't like bananas by themselves, though. Crunchy peanut butter is better to me but I also like the regular kind. Has more consistency when it's crunchy. I also like plain ham sandwiches or ham sandwiches with mustard but that gets tiring after awhile. I could just eat the ham straight out of the packet without the bread. I remember using some honey mustard on a ham sandwich once cause I had one container saved in the fridge and it went okay with it.

Oh, and recently I've been eating sandwiches with chicken salad spread on it, which is pretty good. And pimento cheese spread is also good on bread. Wanted to try something different.

·
customusertitle
956 Posts
I mostly just make cheese sandwiches cuz I'm lazy.
I often add ketchup even though it's considered yucky, it makes it easier to swallow. 🤦‍♀️

I care so little about food in general tbh.

·
Irretrievably Lost
2,710 Posts
I really like turkey clubs and reubens. Haven't had either in a long while though. Of course awesome with really hot fries on the side.

Reactions: jamiebear

·
😒🤡
7,134 Posts
I love a good Rueben sandwich. It has corn beef on it. Try it you will love it!
There was this restaurant I would go to in town where I used to live that had some really good Reuben sandwiches. That's the only place I ever tried one and it was so good. Went really well with the sweet potato fries I had, too. Now, my mouth is salivating thinking about about. 😂

·
Super Moderator
8,735 Posts
I usually always get a Turkey Cranberry with avocado and honey mustard my favorite sandwich shop across town, as that place for some reason always have some of the best turkey slices I have had.

There is also an hole in the wall Italian meat shop that has a very good Pastrami Sandwich I always like to get time to time, but the shopowner tends to always be very grumpy and angry, so overtime I stopped going due to me being afraid of his temper.

I use to like Cold Cut Salami Sandwiches, but nowadays I am generally weary of getting one due to how fatty it is.

Sharwarma Sandwiches I also like, although assuming how one defines what a sandwich is.

·
Super Moderator
34,912 Posts
Back when I could still eat all the bread I wanted, I wasn't really that picky with sandwiches. I usually just went for Subway. Pretty much anything that had a lot of meat and cheese, lots of greens, black olives and tomatoes, onions, mayo. TBH, I probably should just hammer my system with one of them every now and then just to reward myself for putting up with my life. :LOL:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts