Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

What Are You Thinking About Right Now?

1M views 33K replies 633 participants last post by  discopotato 
#1 ·
#30,901 ·
Screwed up my back, lift with your legs everyone, even if you're young just make it a habit, if you don't your back will make you pay.
I'm already paying for it. Can't even sleep anymore because I'm in so much pain.
How long ago did you hurt your back?
My back has been a mess for many years. It doesn't hurt as long as I lay down or sit in a very comfortable chair. I can't really sit in office chairs for more than 20 minutes or so. I can sit on a couch or in a recliner. If I spend more than about an hour on my feet, my back will be in agony.

#30,903 ·
Not any one time. Years of work.
Yeah same, years of working in nursing homes and assisted living, constantly lifting people with bad form (often with my back) but there was a two day stretch where I was pushing myself way too hard and my back just had enough. I'm now out of the healthcare field (but thank god to be honest, it's such a bad field to work in for so many reasons I won't get into right now). Now I'm learning the proper ways to sit and lay.

How's your mattress situation, unfortunately I hurt my back right when I needed to replace my mattress but I'm currently low on money so I'll be dealing with that for a while. Are you using multiple pillows like a body pillow to hold on to, a pillow between your legs, etc? Sorry for asking so many questions, just curious.

#30,904 ·
Yeah same, years of working in nursing homes and assisted living, constantly lifting people with bad form (often with my back) but there was a two day stretch where I was pushing myself way too hard and my back just had enough. I'm now out of the healthcare field (but thank god to be honest, it's such a bad field to work in for so many reasons I won't get into right now). Now I'm learning the proper ways to sit and lay.

How's your mattress situation, unfortunately I hurt my back right when I needed to replace my mattress but I'm currently low on money so I'll be dealing with that for a while. Are you using multiple pillows like a body pillow to hold on to, a pillow between your legs, etc? Sorry for asking so many questions, just curious.
Yeah, having it happen over a long period of time makes me feel that I won't ever feel 100% again. I'm glad you're getting better. I actually have a new mattress, it took too long to replace though. I don't like body pillows, I need to feel like I can move around under my blanket. I'm on a memory foam mattress from the Endy brand, as well as their memory foam pillow. It's nice so far. I guess I'm not actively trying to make it better because of work. When we get deliveries, I'm so concentrated on getting it done as soon as possible, that I don't realize my bad form and after work I can't walk.

#30,905 · (Edited)
People whose personalities revolve around harassing others in whatever way (physically, socially, psychologically, sexually, intellectually, financially, etc.) are the worst people I've had to deal with. They have such awful personalities. Imagine having a personality that revolves around harassing people. Imagine having the kind of personality that's all about targeting some individuals, following them around, and messing with them frequently.

Imagine basically having "harrasser" as a personality trait. That's just who you are. You harass individuals. You follow them around just to torment them. That's your hobby. Out of all the hobbies you could pick, you've selected "harassing" as your main hobby. It's ****ing wild, man.

As someone who greatly values personal privacy, personal autonomy, and personal dignity, I cannot imagine dedicating much of my life to becoming as skilled as possible at harassing people, yet there are people who dedicate themselves to doing so. Blows my mind.

#30,906 ·
I have a receipt saying I paid for this subscription for TSN so I can watch the World Cup but so far there’s no charge to my bank account yet…I did cancel renewals immediately after purchase to prevent future charges, maybe the system glitched & I’ve lucked out & got a freebee, I mean the order was 4 days ago that’s enough business days for a delayed Visa Debit charge to show up on records

#30,907 ·
I'm so glad I don't have to go to big family functions for Thanksgiving anymore. Those always gave me such anxiety, especially after I left the family religion... Sitting at home with just my mom and our dog is SO much better!

#30,908 · (Edited)
The world would be such a better place if more people would embrace three simple words, and come to the realization that embracing the meaning behind these words is more often correct than wrong. If only it were not so shameful of a feeling to embrace them, and our expectations of others were not so high that acknowledgment or proclamation of them was not seen as a weakness.

"I don't know"

#30,912 ·
So this has been a saga. A couple of years ago, I bought the cheapest Tracfone smartphone I could find. I didn't really ever even want a smartphone but since there are some things made much easier when you have one, I figured it would be a good thing to have.

It worked out better than I expected except the phone I bought was a little too cheap and when they shut down the 3g networks, it was not compatible with the changes. So they offered to send me a much nicer phone for free in exchange for staying with Tracfone. Which I accepted.

The only problem I had was I guess the service plan I had with the original phone wasn't available for the new one so I switched. It didn't occur to me to check and see if the plan I chose was hotspot capable because....why wouldn't it be? I thought (wrongly, I guess) as long as the phone was hotspot capable, you only needed to choose a plan that includes data.

Nope! Nope! The first time I tried to use the hotspot, I realized I'd gotten the wrong plan. And ironically, the hotspot capability was one of the things I really wanted.

It gets better. Tracfone's website was broken at the time so I couldn't really switch plans easily without calling them. I was worried I'd lose my number and/or screw things up beyond all hope so I just waited for their website to become functional again. But it didn't. For months, I could not log in. My password wasn't invalid (and I know this because I was able to use it in the Tracfone app) but the website always denied me.

Finally, a couple of weeks ago, it started working again and I finally switched to a plan that is hotspot capable. Which I was still nervous making any changes because I have given everyone who ever needs to call me that number and it would have been super inconvenient to lose it.

#30,913 ·
Not really sure. It's been an ongoing issue since 2017 and the nature of the symptoms are pretty much exactly the same no matter what I do. Tried everything. More exercise, less exercise. More sleep, less sleep. More water, less water, way more water, electrolytes. More vitamins, less vitamins. I tried changing my diet every which way. Anyway, I went to the cardiologist and am having a monitor and an echo so I guess he will be able to tell me if it's something I need to worry about.
Well, these are both done but I haven't heard anything. Will need to go back for my followup visit in December I guess. I'd assume that if anything was seriously wrong, I'd have heard something by now. But I have serious doubts about the quality of this hospital for various reasons.

The echo technician asked me if the cardiologist had put me on medication yet after the test was done. I didn't get a good vibe from the way she said it.

#30,917 ·
The other day, after I had spoken to her, the doctors receptionist called me back and left voice message on my phone ( I saw it ringing but it came up as unknown number and I don't pick those up). She said she would call me again so then I knew it was safe to pick up. She said she made a mistake and I was to make two appointments; one to have a blood test and then another to see the GP for a little chat.

Since then I've been thinking of what I will say and what I won't say and my appointment for the chat is not until December the 8th. I once had a telephone appointment with a doctor and I was living with a family member at the time and struggling with the social aspect of that. This doctor asked and how are you finding that? Then she said something along the lines of some people find it hard living with other people. I wasn't in the moment and I had that pre-programmed thing of don't be a problem etc. It took me by surprise when she said that. I kind of thought is it okay to say that, I really struggle with that. A lot of people won't understand. Looking back she would be the perfect person to have this appointment with; I have no idea who she was and am not at the same practice. Prior to this chat I'm going to write things down, maybe I will give what I have written down to her.

#30,919 ·
World Cup game, Belgium 0 — 2 Morocco [emoji3060][emoji3060][emoji3060] 2 great goals as well.
Well deserved, Belgium have been ****, Canada should’ve beat them too!

Canada’s first ever World Cup goal scored by our young superstar within a minute against Croatia! He’s a local boy from my city! So happy for him, especially since he missed the penalty against Belgium. Great stuff! Hopefully we can get a win & maybe even qualify for the next round.

#30,920 ·
I didn't even know my water heater had hot water coming out until yesterday. I was off for 3 days and mostly at home yesterday except for early in the morning. I don't remember anyone fixing it. As long as it's fixed, that's all that matters.

Unfortunately, the pressure from the showerhead is almost worse than those showers in a motel now. Lol Not sure how it got worse but better than having only warm water. I'll have to fix that. Now, I won't have to see that annoying woman as much.