Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
30641 - 30660 of 30661 Posts

·
Irretrievably Lost
3,365 Posts
Life is so difficult when I'm not avoiding. I want to sleep for the next 3 months so I don't have to deal with any of this.
This is true. I think it's been why I've feeling better generally since the Pandemic and WFH. Complete avoidance don't have to deal with anyone. It comes at a cost though and that is diminished social skills when it comes time to have to deal with or work with people.

·
Super Moderator
37,474 Posts
Damn, there was a big, brown widow spider on the wall in the bathroom near the showerhead.
Wow. I just took the garbage out and when I came back in, I walked to the back (glass) hallway door to see if I could see any stars or planets and there were SO MANY spiders building webs on the outside of that door that I couldn't count them all! I have literally never seen so many spiders in one place. That's got to be abnormal.

·
Registered
8,527 Posts
Wow. I just took the garbage out and when I came back in, I waled to the back (glass) hallway door to see if I could see any stars or planets and there were SO MANY spiders building webs on the outside of that door that I couldn't count them all! I have literally never seen so many spiders in one place. That's got to be abnormal.
Holy mess. 😳 Can't say I ever see a bunch of webs around here at once. If I do, it's usually one or two at most. I did see a web with an orb weaver in it a couple weeks ago. Those are okay but I don't like brown widows. Lol

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Sounds like the DVD drive lens just needs cleaning.
I will have to YouTube how to do that 🙂 Thanks! Think I bought this laptop back in 2011, so it's probably falling apart bit by bit 😆 I missed that you wrote this somehow and went out bought a portable DVD player. Kind of felt like do I really wanna spend £60 on one of those. With not having broadband until 14 days time I was gonna need something cos there's no aerial in any of the rooms in the building 😮

What is really cool is that there's a charity shop selling 8 DVDs for £1. Just £1 for 8 🎉 and the libraries have free WiFi.

·
Super Moderator
5,444 Posts
I should probably bring up iron level concerns at my next appointment.

·
Super Moderator
Worried
7,479 Posts
I had to drive to my aunt's house today to drop something off. Only like a five-minute drive but I passed two churches on my way there, parking lots full of the cars of all the "faithful."

And it made me think back to all those insufferable Sundays when I was pulled out of bed early, had to shower and throw on that damned monkey suit just to sit in a church, bored to death for three long hours. I don't know how I ever made it through that with my sanity intact. I'm so grateful that I DON'T have to go to church anymore!
In the long-gone days when I was a regular churchgoer (I'm an Anglican with some Catholic leanings), the Sunday service would last about 1 hour, that's the norm in the UK anyway, I think. Then you might stay a little while afterwards, to have coffee and chat to the vicar/any other church officials/congretation. My local Anglican churches also do a weekday morning prayer service (what kind of people actually go to that?), presumably shorter. Our Anglican cathedrals anyway, do weekday afternoon evensong, which also lasts an hour. Think I sometimes went to that, when at university.

I don't know what you mean by a monkey suit, but for Sunday evening chapel at boarding school, all boys and girls wore mostly kilts with a tie and/or jumper. A jacket and maybe the sporran (leather pouch on a chain round your waist), for boys only. A few boys wore a blazer, tie, and/or jumper with trousers, don't think girls ever wore anything but kilts really. Otherwise, I certainly didn't dress formally for going to church by myself or with my mother (my late father was an agnostic who hardly ever attended a service, unless he had to for whatever reason).

I think US churches commonly have car parks for the congregation, but AFAIK that's unheard of here. People just walk, take public transport, or park their car elsewhere (the latter probably mainly in rural areas).
I used to like church in general, enjoyed singing hymns, also felt that I should go, since I had been confirmed. But standing up for long periods during hymns or prayers, could be a nightmare! Quite often my legs hurt/I started feeling faint. You felt embarrassed about sitting down to rest. I know religion is often much more intense in the US, but what kind of a church was it? Are 3 hour services common over there?

30641 - 30660 of 30661 Posts