Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
30601 - 30620 of 30670 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,450 Posts
About a test that I'll be needing to take at my appointment tomorrow that will last a few hours. Going to have to keep myself entertained throughout it somehow.

---

I downloaded Bumble, but I think that's as far as I can go.
It's a step, at least. Good luck.

Reactions: iAmCodeMonkey

·
Just a bit stitious
6,532 Posts
The only way I am ever going to get to leave the house on any kind of regular basis is going to be on my own and not asking others. Since I don’t drive and nothing is really within walking distance, it would either have to be public transportation-bus or ride sharing. The bus ride wouldn’t be all that long and I have done it before. I’ve never done ride sharing and not sure I can handle it…I’ve got major trust issues. Going to speak with my therapist about this though because I can’t take being stuck in this house day after day much longer.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Serious question for people who don't live in a bubble: Do they have soda (pop? soft drink?) bars outside of Utah?

Apparently these places have been all the rage here for the past few years. Now there's one opening up fairly close to our house... We were really hoping it'd be a food place that we'd enjoy but no, it's a damn soda bar. Like seriously, what exactly is the draw of a place that just has a bunch of different sodas and maybe some cookies or something??? I like soda as much as the next guy but I'd never visit a place JUST to buy a soda. Hell, I don't often buy soda even at fast food places because it's cheaper to buy those 2-liter bottles at the grocery store. I even Googled it and apparently places like this are so popular here in Utah because most of the Mormons won't drink anything with alcohol, yet they're fine consuming MASSIVE amounts of sugar. Which, by the way, always seemed ludicrous to me... 'Alcohol, coffee and tea are all evil! But consume all the sugar you want, who cares about diabetes?'

Sigh... I really have to get out of this state.

·
Super Moderator
9,797 Posts
Serious question for people who don't live in a bubble: Do they have soda (pop? soft drink?) bars outside of Utah?

Apparently these places have been all the rage here for the past few years. Now there's one opening up fairly close to our house... We were really hoping it'd be a food place that we'd enjoy but no, it's a damn soda bar. Like seriously, what exactly is the draw of a place that just has a bunch of different sodas and maybe some cookies or something??? I like soda as much as the next guy but I'd never visit a place JUST to buy a soda. Hell, I don't often buy soda even at fast food places because it's cheaper to buy those 2-liter bottles at the grocery store. I even Googled it and apparently places like this are so popular here in Utah because most of the Mormons won't drink anything with alcohol, yet they're fine consuming MASSIVE amounts of sugar. Which, by the way, always seemed ludicrous to me... 'Alcohol, coffee and tea are all evil! But consume all the sugar you want, who cares about diabetes?'

Sigh... I really have to get out of this state.
There are some here where I am, but not a lot. It was sort of a growing trend just before the pandemic. Mostly bars serving non-alcoholic drinks and probably soda. It wasn't really for religious purpose, but more so for those wanting the alcohol-free to be healthy movement. Eventually for a summer, there was a fad of lots of pop up bars specifically serve artisan crafted, state of the art, and high quality pure water. But that fad died down after a few months.

·
Born Of Blotmonað
19,821 Posts
The best part of Italian Football is when someone scores an announcer comes on in the stadium loud as firecracker & shouts the scoring players name 3 time & each time 40-50k people reply, it’s such an amazing call & response part of the game, sometimes it gives me goosebumps, would be cool to be there in the stadium, Germany can be like that too, they don’t keep that tradition in England, but they do sing great songs about players they love

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I get sad if I see a suggestion for beaver dam removal, though those who drive on flooded roads will think otherwise. I mean, beavers do so much for the environment. Guess no one wants to live in a wetland except for beavers, fish and plants. And they're just so cute. With their nearsightedness and iron-teeth.

Parachuting beavers 😮🙃 Glad they made a safe landing 🥳

·
Karmically Cryptic
Wonder
2,693 Posts
Thinking about this video I saw that talked about how we start our morning sets up our whole day. I'm trying a new routine. Instead of waking up thinking "Today's going to suck" I'm telling myself today could be a great day, I mean we never know what could happen so why set up the expectation for the worst? There are many things in life I can't control, so I might as well take advantage over that which I can, which is really only myself and my attitude towards life.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
When I stopped sharing the net with a neighbour I went with a provider and also moved my mobile to the same one. Both of them are temperamental to non existent in functionality. I kept putting it off sorting it out/ it'll be okay. But it's got worse if anything.

·
Super Moderator
9,797 Posts
Starbucks have gotten gradually more overpriced the past year. Now the prices are just ridiculous.

Reactions: iAmCodeMonkey
30601 - 30620 of 30670 Posts