Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
29081 - 29100 of 29130 Posts

·
SAS Member
43,979 Posts
Am I the only one who feels YOUNG at 27, almost 28 years old? Can we stop acting like anything above 25 is ancient and that we’re way past our prime and should all just shrivel up and die the day we turn 30?especially if you’re a woman geez
When you haven't accomplished much you're always going to be more aware of age which is the case for a lot of people. I started to feel bad about it in my mid 20s probably and I'll turn 31 this year.

Also online a lot of websites skew young which can make people who are in their late 20s and 30s feel old when most people are in their early 20s or younger. I feel moderately aged here because a lot of posters are older than me, on YouTube (as a creator) I'm definitely on the older side. I follow someone whose a bit older than me, probably 40 and he regularly points out his age gap with younger creators and calls himself a boomer (he's an older millennial and apparently gen x disappeared entirely a year or 2 ago lol.) Another is like 33 and points out her age constantly (but I think maybe younger people in her audience do too.) And on that note yes the media emphasis on age categories has made people think about it a lot more than they did several years ago.

I notice 30 years olds now talk about themselves the way 50 year olds used to and 40-50 year olds like 70~+ or something. The life expectancy is probably going down in the US at least, but probably not that much.

Reactions: discopotato

·
Your local potato farmer
1,940 Posts
I think anyone under the age of about 40 is still pretty young. God, I'd love to even be 40 again.

Everything's relative.
I think anyone under the age of 50 is still pretty young. But then again, I also know people in their late 60s and early 70s that are more fit and lively than a lot of 30 something year olds that I know. and certain people that are the same age but one appears much older than the other appearance wise but also with their overall attitude in life.

·
Registered
---------------------------- ▓▓▓▓Groovy▓▓▓▓
8,027 Posts
I sometimes think home is a feeling, rather than a location. I've read of others who often desire to "go home", even though they may be at home - and I can relate to that. I've thought it myself at times, and catch myself while thinking it. It is such a strange thing to be thinking, when you are already in your home. My mother often talks about going home, in which she means Maine, sometimes she means New Hampshire, even though she no longer has a house in either location or a physical home. I know what she means though, a memory - rather a feeling. If she were living in New England, I'm sure she would also say she wished she were home, and be thinking of Florida. Regardless of location, I think it is a place where she feels comfort, and familiarity I suppose. My mother in law also, on her death bed voiced her desire to go home, although it was not her physical home - I knew what she meant. In fact, she told us she hated her house and wished for it to be burned down that same day.

Home is one of those things, that just doesn't mean location, it is more than just a dwelling where you accumulate stuff.

·
bipolar
17,423 Posts
Somehow I don't Novak (x) didn't think he'd be in for quite a trip when he first got on his flight to come to Australia. Jesus, what a mess.

These guys don't exactly play fair Novax - and they don't muck around.

·
Super Moderator
35,387 Posts
Cold weather is really a deceptively devilish thing. There's a reason most houses have beefy forced air heating but I never really spent much time thinking about it. I pretty much have to close off my heat vent now due to the fact the parents run the furnace nonstop and pretty much roast me in here if I leave it open (even a little bit). So I have to do this whole complicated thing where I block off the heat vent entirely and use an oil filled radiator to try and keep the temperature reasonably comfortable.

I woke up this morning and immediately found it was very chilly in here due to the fact that I turned the radiator heater way down before I went to bed. I went out to go to the bathroom and (sure enough) the rest of the house feels like a hot day in July. Which doesn't feel good no matter how cold it is outside. If you come in from 10 degree weather and you sit in 82 degree heat for a few hours, it's gonna start to suck eventually.

But yeah. I was feeling a bit chilly and opened my door and immediately felt a wave of hot, humid air blast me in the face. So that was a bit of a jarring moment. Could have left my door open a while to let some of that heat come in here but my dad was blasting religion on the TV and it's unbearable. Closed the door, turned the heater on high. It's been two hours and the temperature has only come up about 3 degrees according to the thermometer. Lovely!

·
😒🤡
7,358 Posts
Lucky you, it's showing 100% now for my town, around 10-15 cm (at least 4 inches). I'm working too, so I have to drive in it. Fun
Damn. That sucks. Be safe out there. How far of a drive is it for you?

I was worried about having to drive in it since we rarely if ever get ice and snow down here. Last time it got icy and the snow stuck to the ground was January 2011. Even though I'm only precisely a 4 minute drive from work, I wouldn't have liked it. I already don't like driving 4 minutes from home to work and vice versa in hard rain. That's unbearable. 😅

·
Registered
Worthless garbage
9,396 Posts
Damn. That sucks. Be safe out there. How far of a drive is it for you?

I was worried about having to drive in it since we rarely if ever get ice and snow down here. Last time it got icy and the snow stuck to the ground was January 2011. Even though I'm only precisely a 4 minute drive from work, I wouldn't have liked it. I already don't like driving 4 minutes from home to work and vice versa in hard rain. That's unbearable. 😅
I'll be okay. It's about a 15 minute commute, so it'll probably be double that day. It's going to be below freezing too, so it's not going to melt.

·
Super Moderator
35,387 Posts
I love how Youtube still suggests videos from channels I've unsubscribed from.
You might be able to sort of undo this (Though I'm not sure how well it works because I tend to go back to the same stuff over and over).

There is a setting in your global Google account settings somewhere where you can set it up so that it deletes (supposedly) all of your activity at selected intervals. Only it's limited so I think every 90 days is the shortest period you can select. And also, there are a lot of Youtube things that are supposed to do things they don't do so it might just be Google being Google and doing things they know you don't want them to do and pretending you have options by telling the settings you don't want that.

You can also (again, supposedly) delete all of your past activity on Google and Youtube. Though again, I notice that Youtube suggests stuff to me that I was interested in ages ago even though I supposedly deleted my activity between then and now.

29081 - 29100 of 29130 Posts