Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are you passionate about?! What do you love and like to learn about?! Art, sports, computers, movies, rock climbing, snickers candy bars, etc.?!

(I don't want to hear anything negative, just what it is you like/interested in/love to do)!

Me...I love playing basketball. Playing all day and playing good is just down right awesome.

·
Done with SA
1,818 Posts
History, but learning about anything, really.
History for me is just really interesting. Learning about it, talking about it, hearing about it, is just extremely interesting. That's why I decided to change my major to it. I know I want to spend the rest of my life in, well, history.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I have a really big problem with losing interest in almost everything, but not when it comes to music... there is no possible way I'll ever lose interest in music.

·
ಠ ¿ ಠ
913 Posts
Science, computers, and, to a degree, spirituality. I'm also passionate about fighting. Never again will I be harassed, insulted, or bullied in any type of situation without being able to fend for myself. I practice just for those types of situations.

A lizard turd fell onto my keyboard while I was composing this message.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I really like to read up on anthropology I have even considered going back to uni to study it and start a new career.

I also like getting into a good book.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sadly I have not given this much though over the past few years. But the couple things that quickly came to mind when reading this post were . . .

Computers
Cars

·
Geese
20,768 Posts
1. Motor Racing: it pretty much is my life and I have been fortunate enough to work for a team in the Australian V8 Supercar championship.

2. Aviation: The industry I am hoping to make a career in, state of the art technologies in all departments and the pinnacle of engineering.

3. Photography: Picked it up as a hobby but really started enjoying it and expanded my gear collection (simultaneously reducing weight of my wallet) and I don't think I am too bad at it either (but certainly not good enough to go professional).

4. General sport: Love playing soccer and did for 15 years and will soon be starting indoor soccer this weekend. Also enjoy watching sports such as rugby on tv, I just really like the team spirit in any competition.

5. Music: I suck at playing instruments (though learning guitar now, and enjoying it) but I pretty much listen to music every hour I am awake.

·
Beautiful Mess
1,284 Posts
I am passionate about reading.
I am passionate about uplifting and encouraging others.
I am passionate about God.

·
Permanently bored
2,813 Posts
Music, especially playing/performing it. I don't get stage fright, I just block everything out except what's happening on the stage :lol

Sci-fi + fantasy TV/movies.

Technology, all aspects of it.

Space travel. Even though the average person will probably never get into space in my lifetime, it's still fun to think about.

·
Banned
3,567 Posts
Books
Music
Sports-as a participant and typical spectator, and sometimes just for the beauty
My kids
Being a decent human being

·
Registered
760 Posts
Music - what a great way to express oneself
Sport - can't get enough of it
Family - keep me afloat and give me a sense of belonging
Finance - it's the career path I feel I have the most interest and understanding in

·
Registered
277 Posts
Books -reading and writing
History
Music, especially symphonic/melodic metal -I love Kamelot! And I really love going to metal concerts in small venues, which really gives me hope that I can overcome anxiety issues.

·
A Living Woman
3,464 Posts
I'm passionate about children (really, humanity as a whole but I think kids are particularly special). I'm passionate about stopping human trafficking and people helping people, even if it's just on a one-on-one basis.

·
breaking free
2,171 Posts
I love working out- running, swimming, doing triathlons. It just feels so awesome! I would say that has to be my hugest passion. I also really enjoy discovering new music. That is something I have been doing a lot this summer. I also love my new job. I am enjoying it SO much and look forward to all the days I work. Volunteering is really fun too.

·
crazy
2,067 Posts
i'm most passionate about psychology - i want to go into research modeling the psyche and trying out different treatments on the models.
after that it's finding close relationships, and spirituality, and painting, and music, and reading, and metaphorical things, and funny things, and psychological horror movies.
i think i have too many interests.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm passionate about art and writing. I find it as a way to vent my feelings, though art is more easier to do that than writing fantasy. For art I like photography, sketching, painting, using clay, textiles, and basically anything I can use to create whatever comes to mind. I'm also passionate about music, animals, and graphic design which may also fall into the arts....

1 - 20 of 52 Posts