Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

What are you looking for out of SAS

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
TEAR DOWN THE WALL!
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was browsing though SAS threads tonight and was a little surprised to find some people using this site primarily as a dating site. I was so set on this being a support forum for people with Social Anxiety Disorder that it completely escaped my mind that people might be using it for other reasons. I found it very interesting actually, so I decided to make a poll out of curiousity's sake.

What are you primarily looking to get out of Social Anxiety Support? (I'm sure you all have several reasons. I do too. But I'm curious about your primary motive for participating on the site.) Please feel free to explain your answers.

Edit: Okay, initially I had trouble figuring out the whole poll thing. But now I fixed it and everything is good. I win!

·
Banned
12,909 Posts
Support

·
Registered
521 Posts
mine are the first three:

1. Finding support to better deal with my Social Anxiety
2. Giving support to help people with Social Anxiety
3. Make friends with similar others

·
Regretful still.
1,595 Posts
I give and get support here. It also helps kill time when I'm bored.

·
Loveisloveisloveislove
2,785 Posts
Cassabell:1059533688 said:
mine are the first three:

1. Finding support to better deal with my Social Anxiety
2. Giving support to help people with Social Anxiety
3. Make friends with similar others
^
This is pretty much my reason too

·
Custom User Title
648 Posts
Most everything except the dating part, but I mostly find that I don't really get along with people here so it's more just a place for me to express myself without getting anxious or in an argument.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Give and receive support. Discuss other topics. Troll. :)

I wonder how many of the people here for dating purposes would be honest about it.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
safe haven to be around like minded people.

I like to have somewhere online that feels like a home, a starting point and I consider sas to be that. It's the only forum I visit daily.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
safe haven to be around like minded people.

I like to have somewhere online that feels like a home, a starting point and I consider sas to be that. It's the only forum I visit daily.
Pretty much this. I dont really post anywhere else on the internet.

My primary reasons when i joined was finding out more about SAD, support and reading other people experiences. I've got quite tired of that though.

·
Severed member
2,972 Posts
Give support to to others, learn about SA and how it affects people(big eye opener), be amongst people who feel similiar to how I feel, learn more about myself by reading here and asking questions...and that's about it.

·
Banned
1,331 Posts
Intellectual conversation and discussion.
And humour: a lot of people with social anxiety tend to have a great sense of humour.

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
I try to mostly give support

·
roarrrr
4,876 Posts
When I first joined, it was about giving & receiving support. Now I kinda just stay for interesting topics. It's a good time waster & distraction. :b I don't know - I kinda just enjoy this place.

·
giraffe
8,742 Posts
I stay because it's a good distraction and I've grown to like/respect certain posters and have made some friends here and I enjoy seeing what they're up to and what they have to say about things.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
I like it here because it's the only online community i've found where there's actually people who have things in common with me. So they can understand what i'm saying and i can read other people's posts and sometimes see myself in those words. I guess here i feel the most comfortable posting things about myself cause people actually understand some of the things i say.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts