Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

What are you listening to right now?

2M views 47K replies 4K participants last post by  ravens 
#1 ·
So post it up, what do you have spinning in the cd changer, record player, cassette, youtube or whatever?

Here is what I have cued up:

People Are People (14 minute homemade mix)- Depeche Mode
You Look So Fine- Garbage
Vow- Garbage
All Good Things- Nelly Furtado

Let's hear your music.

#45,734 ·
Haha When I first discovered them, they had been around for a while and I did freak out when I saw the number of albums they had released at that point. I'm guessing they have continued to release stuff at that prolific rate 😁
I found out about them like 2 years ago. This isn't my favorite album of theirs but I like it still. I think Butterfly 3000, K.G. and Polygondwanaland are favorites of mine. Yea, it's like 25 albums. Lol They must really know what they're doing. I want to see them live cause theyre so amazing live. Eventually, I'll listen to all their stuff, at least their previous stuff. If they keep making music at this rate, I probably won't ever hear it all. 🤣

Open Water is amazing live. Thats one of those where I think the live version is better.

#45,736 ·
I found out about them like 2 years ago. This isn't my favorite album of theirs but I like it still. I think Butterfly 3000, K.G. and Polygondwanaland are favorites of mine. Yea, it's like 25 albums. Lol They must really know what they're doing. I want to see them live cause theyre so amazing live. Eventually, I'll listen to all their stuff, at least their previous stuff. If they keep making music at this rate, I probably won't ever hear it all. 🤣

Open Water is amazing live. Thats one of those where I think the live version is better.
I've not listened to any of their new stuff for a while, or live stuff either.

A huge output often means a drop in quality, but not always. They seem to play live constantly as well, so they will be honing songs as they play them.

A great comment from the Band's Discogs page summons it up nicely I think.

"
candiedbacon May 20, 2022
great band, sure not everything is great. I have noticed a trend of fans turning on the band because of their aggressive release schedule. But hey, what are you doing with your life? sitting behind a keyboard talking ****. At least they're touring and making money doing something they love while you sit on discogs and pout sad boi ;)"

I'll need to check out some of the stuff I've not listened to yet.

#45,737 ·
I've not listened to any of their new stuff for a while, or live stuff either.

A huge output often means a drop in quality, but not always. They seem to play live constantly as well, so they will be honing songs as they play them.

A great comment from the Band's Discogs page summons it up nicely I think.

"
candiedbacon May 20, 2022
great band, sure not everything is great. I have noticed a trend of fans turning on the band because of their aggressive release schedule. But hey, what are you doing with your life? sitting behind a keyboard talking ****. At least they're touring and making money doing something they love while you sit on discogs and pout sad boi ;)"

I'll need to check out some of the stuff I've not listened to yet.
Yea, some of their stuff might not be the best. I like their jazzy, synth and progressive rock stuff the most. I actually think they still sound pretty great. I would say better even maybe. Although, Changes might be my least favorite recent album of theirs and it's still top quality. Lol I'm going back and listening to more of their music. I'm enjoying Ice, Death, Planets, Lungs, Mushrooms, and Lava a lot. Iron Lung is so good.

Paper Mache Dream Balloon is a good one of theirs, too.

#45,739 ·
Don Henley's The End Of The Innocence is just on a loop in my head when I'm tryna sleep 😂
If you really wanna lose your innocence, there's a video on Youtube somewhere of him performing one of his solo songs in the 80s where he was trying to dance. Let me put it to you this way. It's a good thing he has an amazing voice.