44321 - 44340 of 44374 Posts

·
Failure's Art
2,459 Posts

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,339 Posts
I like IAMX and some of the old Sneaker Pimps tracks. They started working on new material which I was curious about but the stuff they uploaded isn't really doing it for me atm. It's very light/airy/relaxing mostly and I guess I don't normally like that though I can like some atmospheric music. I've only listened briefly though. Like this:

Dunno if some of it will grow on me. Some of the lyrics are interesting. There's always a bunch of comments about where is Kelli. Yeah that's unfortunate but I don't think she's coming back now lol. At the time Chris hired her because he thought having a female singer would get them further image wise and because trip hop was mostly female vocalists. He's collab'd with women since but I think he always wanted to do the vocals himself.

Here are some tracks I like:

This is actually a remix by Alec Empire:

I dunno I could link a lot of stuff. I think this might have been the first track I heard and it reminded me of Patrick Wolf who I was obsessed with for a couple of years as a teenager so I became very interested:

This is more recent:

·
😒🤡
6,812 Posts
omg this totally reminded me I haven't listened to Sneaker Pimps in ages I think I'll listen to Becoming X tonight. That album is so relaxing it's such good chill after work music.

This is sooo good...o_O

I really like this one it's so dreamy

Becoming X is a masterpiece! Not one bad song on it imo.

Yea, I'm hooked on it. It has a dark, haunting feel to it! Never heard a song like Existential Angst before. It's amazing how with all the songs I've heard in my lifetime, I'm still finding songs that sound so unique and like nothing I've ever heard.

Ooooh, I like that one you linked a lot. I haven't found a song by this artist I don't like yet. 🙂

@Persephone The Dread Yea, that first link didn't do it for me, either. Its not my kind of style. Lol...But the other ones, I like. Those were pretty good. I never really noticed until now but yea a lot of trip hop singers are female. Lol...I love Small Town Witch by Sneaker Pimps. After listening to Becoming X, I didn't know if I would like that album much cause I found out the female singer wasn't on it. But it worked out pretty good! Really nice electronic music. I also like the link above the Small Town Witch one.

44321 - 44340 of 44374 Posts