Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To you guys and girls who are homeschooled.Actually anyone.Are you in any other activities besides school or work.Soft ball,Tennis,dance,church chorus.If not.Forgetting about the SA for a moment.what would you be interested in doing?What do you enjoy or think you would be good at?
I was in dance for a couple of years when I was young and was very good at it.I don't know why my parents pulled me out of it.My dad actually says that I wanted to leave it,but I don't remember.I do remember having a bully in dance.I also was in chorus at school but they cancelled it.Those were the two things I was good at that gave me confidence that wasn't getting fed anymore.I know that has something to do with something with SA.What are your thoughts on this?

·
Registered
10,520 Posts
I can say I am good at making people mad at me and disliking me.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Nothing at the moment other than procrastination and not getting enough sleep despite not working or being in school.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I liked swimming when I was younger and wanted to be on a swim team but it was too expensive and my sisters were in school. I was on a non-competitive team when I was sixteen and my parents were going to let me swim competitively the next year but I wimped out.

I also regret it because there was this girl (who was younger than me) that would call me fat (always fun to be told you are fat, especially when you are wearing a bathing suit). One time she called me a loser and said I was pathetic because I couldn't even stick up for myself. I would just freeze up. I always wished I'd been able to tell people like her off (there are more examples I could cite but this is already a long post), and letting people like that get in the way of things I want to do and listening to the garbage they tell me and believing it to the point that I doubt myself in everything in do.

I regret not being able to finish school and dropping everything. I used to be good at school.

There are tons of things I used to like but stopped because of how I feel about myself. I used to play guitar, I stopped taking taekwondo, I used to run for fun and to relax but I got too self-conscious.

·
Registered
12 Posts
football and working out. I am not really good in either of them but exercising in general keeps me happy and kinda makes forget about SA.

·
Banned
19,437 Posts
Accruing debt.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm good at languages. Able to learn them a bit faster than most people, it seems. I'm okay at computers, but nothing to be excited about. Otherwise... does procrastination count? Because I rock at that.

·
Hated by all females
539 Posts
I'm only good at SA

Like shyvr6, I used to be on bowling leagues, but I wasn't any good. The highest my average ever reached was 175.
I always bowled on leagues with friends, but once they stopped I had no one to bowl with. The f***ing SA prevented me from even trying to meet new people to ask if I could bowl with them.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I like to think I'm a good writer, though saying that sometimes sounds a bit pretentious-- or maybe that's just my insecurities talking, lol. I guess it's easier to just say I like to write. :yes

1 - 19 of 19 Posts