Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If my life is so messed up and I'm so miserable and everything in life my life goes to ****, how am I supposed to cope? As a catholic, I believe God is in charge of what happens in our lives. If everything in my life makes me hateful and miserable, what does he want me to do? If I kill myself, he sends me to hell.

What do you guys think he will want us to do in such a situation? Would he punish us for coping with our struggle the best we can?

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Why would God punish us when He created us and when we try to follow Him, and try our best to deal with life as it is given to us? God wants
us to grow nearer to Him so that we will do His will, not ours, and that we grow stronger. To be united with our Creator and have a close relationship with Him, helping and loving others, and to trust more in God than in man, that is what life is about. And that is all we have to do. Keep the faith and trust in God. When we are close to God evil and negativity won't harm us. So, we can be sure that God is with us during our troubles :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
If my life is so messed up and I'm so miserable and everything in life my life goes to ****, how am I supposed to cope?
Christian life is not easy, when you are troubled you should try to stop worry about things and pray and trust in Jesus. I think that life is that hard because He wants to test our faith in Him because this builds endurance.

If everything in my life makes me hateful and miserable, what does he want me to do?
He wants you to be strong and endure it. This life is like a test.

·
Registered
78 Posts
If my life is so messed up and I'm so miserable and everything in life my life goes to ****, how am I supposed to cope? As a catholic, I believe God is in charge of what happens in our lives. If everything in my life makes me hateful and miserable, what does he want me to do? If I kill myself, he sends me to hell.

What do you guys think he will want us to do in such a situation? Would he punish us for coping with our struggle the best we can?
Hi, first of all, God will never give us more than we can handle. He would not punish us for our struggles. Instead, because God LOVES us so much, he will ALWAYS help us and is close to those who are in need of Him. One thing I know for sure, that I can tell you is this...
For God to draw closer to us, we must seek and pray to Him whenever we are in doubt of our current situation or going through any trials. In fact, God loves it when we pray to Him. When we pray, we should ask Him for guidance of what we can do to serve Him and ask what our purpose is.
Just know that we need to Trust in God, and be patient because He will direct us to what we should do. I find this verse very helpful :) Prov. 3:5-6

·
Registered
45 Posts
I believe that God is testing our faith. He doesn't want us to be miserable but the way I see it, if our life is going perfectly, we would never call upon Him for help. He never abandons us no matter what and only gives us what we can handle. We just have to trust in Him because He knows what He's doing. What we see is only a small piece of the puzzle.

·
Banned
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I believe that God is testing our faith. He doesn't want us to be miserable but the way I see it, if our life is going perfectly, we would never call upon Him for help. He never abandons us no matter what and only gives us what we can handle. We just have to trust in Him because He knows what He's doing. What we see is only a small piece of the puzzle.
This is very good words, and I know I just gotta talk to him, and I do but I'm in such a dark place in life i guess I'll just stick it out and keep praying.

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
Findyourself, have you seen a therapist? Seeing a therapist could really help you navigate through life, especially when you feel overwhelmed and your mind is cloudy. It would be good to work to improve your situation instead of settling. You can also check if your church offers pastoral counseling, which is free btw.

·
Byebye SAS.
2,957 Posts
Live in reality properly, and not go to the lake of fire like Elliot did. Basically, you do this by being a believer, giving to your family, your friends, people who you can help who are in need of help. God isn't asking us to drench in religion, he's asking us to ACTUALLY care. This is what his message means, and believe it that it is real. Don't head on the wrong path, it'll drown you more and more till the point you find no return, your entire life would be sucked away in that moment.

To be righteous is to follow good, so working, not being envious, not breaking the rules, and giving your heart into things. That will cure your anxiety too! Trust me I know this inside outside backwards and around back again. Ok? :)

If you truly mean this, God might give you a loving wife too, if you are a believer that is.

The easiest way to start, is to start with trusting God. (it doesn't make you crazy ok, it makes you one of the believers, which there is only a few).

·
Banned
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Live in reality properly, and not go to the lake of fire like Elliot did. Basically, you do this by being a believer, giving to your family, your friends, people who you can help who are in need of help. God isn't asking us to drench in religion, he's asking us to ACTUALLY care. This is what his message means, and believe it that it is real. Don't head on the wrong path, it'll drown you more and more till the point you find no return, your entire life would be sucked away in that moment.

To be righteous is to follow good, so working, not being envious, not breaking the rules, and giving your heart into things. That will cure your anxiety too! Trust me I know this inside outside backwards and around back again. Ok? :)

If you truly mean this, God might give you a loving wife too, if you are a believer that is.

The easiest way to start, is to start with trusting God. (it doesn't make you crazy ok, it makes you one of the believers, which there is only a few).
Thank you for saying this, man. I do need to cleanse my mind/spirit. I'm sure you know the feeling of desperation/misery. It's very difficult to accept things the way they are without fighting against them but I do believe in God so I will get closer to him and ask him for help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts