Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like I'm missing out on my young life. Like life is just passing me by and I can't enjoy it.

I'm 22.

I want to party and drink like a crazy person with young people my age, meet girls and have fun while I'm this age before that age slips me by and I'm too old to do those things.

I want to go to the beach with people my age and just have fun.

I want to be able to just walk right up to the job I want and comfortably talk to the boss and impress him like I know I'm capable of.

·
Banned
4,659 Posts
Everything

·
Registered
352 Posts
is 22 too old? I am 51! :)
by the help of meds, I feel good! :)
I am socially isolated but I dont mind because I feel good! :)
feeling good is the most important! :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
definitely having friends. It also feels impossible to get a job when interacting with the interviewer feels stilted and not natural.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I wish I had more networking abilities. I don't really care about parties or making friends but I do care about having a lucrative career.

·
Sigh.
9,313 Posts
Lack of life experiences, such as travel, relationships (platonic and romantic), career instead of job after job, finishing college...

Don't let life pass you by. Your 20s go by so quick. Not to create extra stress for those in their early 20s.

·
Keep Frozen
8 Posts
I'm 20 years old and i feel like i missed out on a lot during highschool, i didnt go to prom or participate in any activities. Even when i did attend a school dance i felt out of place and never had the guts to ask any girl that i liked to dance. I never really made any long term friends. And i dont want to do the same thing in college.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Lack of life experiences, such as travel, relationships (platonic and romantic), career instead of job after job, finishing college...

Don't let life pass you by. Your 20s go by so quick. Not to create extra stress for those in their early 20s.
They say the same thing about your teen years. But it feels too long. I'm not DOING anything.

·
Sigh.
9,313 Posts
They say the same thing about your teen years. But it feels too long. I'm not DOING anything.
Oddly, my teen years seemed to take forever. Haha! SO slow.

·
♎ Mackinac Island Fanatic
28,958 Posts
Happiness. :rain

·
Registered
180 Posts
I feel like I'm missing out on my young life. Like life is just passing me by and I can't enjoy it.

I'm 22.

I want to party and drink like a crazy person with young people my age, meet girls and have fun while I'm this age before that age slips me by and I'm too old to do those things.

I want to go to the beach with people my age and just have fun.

I want to be able to just walk right up to the job I want and comfortably talk to the boss and impress him like I know I'm capable of.
You got it in one. I really feel like I'm wasting my youth and soon it will be over and too late to have all the fun

·
The Worst
1,664 Posts
Friends. Lifelong friendships are important, but I've never had a friendship that was able to endure anything (moving, graduation, etc). More importantly I've never had a social support system outside of my immediate family.

I also wish I had work experience... any kind of work. I have never had a job, not even the things teenagers do, like retail or fastfood or babysitting. My SA and other issues prevent me from even asking for job apps. So broke, so sad. :/

·
bill philbertson
404 Posts

I agree, the 20s go by very quickly. They say it's never too late to be what you might have been, but I think the people in their early 20s who have posted in this thread still have time on their side, but as mentioned not for long. Of course putting a lot of pressure on yourself to achieve things in all these areas can be counter productive as well, you have to set recovery goals that are suitable for you. But I think it's important to know where you want to go, rather than drifting through and hoping (which is pretty well what I have done haha).

·
SAS Member
13,226 Posts
The biggest is definitely meaningful friendships/relationships. It's so much easier to accomplish things in life and bounce back from hard times when you have support (that's genuine).

·
Registered
464 Posts
Probably developing long-term strategies for the future; like working and saving up money, or doing extracurricular stuff. Right now I'm completely detached from the 'normal' social directions for people my age.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts