Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Silence Is Golden
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently just brought Battlefield 3 and whenever I try flying a jet or helicopter I end up crashing accidently because I don't know the controls.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm the opposite - I'm like freakin top gun in the jets, but in helis I just kind of hover and get shot a lot.
I also enjoy the jets so much that some games I wait for open jets before I spawn =P

·
who cares..
863 Posts
The jet is really easy, the helicopter is what takes getting used to. I have it on xbox 360, but I assume they aren't that much different.

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
whats the best perspective for shooting in a jet? third person or first person? same question goes for flying (I find it virtually impossible to control the jet properly from the FPS perspective)

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
I'm getting slightly better, I still can't shoot in the jet yet because when I face down to shoot I feel like I'm going to end up crashing. But when playing Rush where there's alot of campers defending I'll just go Taliban and fly the plane right into them.....and jump out right before it crashes, it's pretty fun and I usually get alot of kills doing it. No offense to anyone on here who lost someone on 9/11 btw.

·
Phucked
739 Posts
The hardest thing about flying choppers on BF3 multiplayer is getting in the damned things in the first place. Demand > supply

·
Registered
260 Posts
r2= accelerates
l2= decelerates
left stick- fine tune aiming/maneuvering
right stick- will use this to fly mostly

Line up your shot in 3p mode once you have a clear view switch to first and try to take whatever you want down.

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
r2= accelerates
l2= decelerates
left stick- fine tune aiming/maneuvering
right stick- will use this to fly mostly

Line up your shot in 3p mode once you have a clear view switch to first and try to take whatever you want down.
okay, so in order for me to have a better chance of shooting my target I have to press L2 to slow down first? its really tragic that Dice decided not to implement a tutorial for all this.

·
Registered
260 Posts
You can practice chopper flying in co-op mode i think it's called fire in the sky or some shiz

As for having to slow down you don't have to. You just want to keep your speed close to your targets.

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
seriously though, none of u chumps play BF3? I would have assumed there would be more nerds on this forum, u people disappoint me.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I'm okay with the jet, I've just unlocked Maintenance. I get frustrated when I fly around in circles chasing another jet and I get shot down by some chopper pilot or Engineer -___-

Yesterday I managed to get a Chopper pilot who was pretty good with the attack chopper. Unbelievably good.

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
There was a new 1gb update a few days ago and now there are practice rooms where u can fly jets and helicopters all day...trial and erroring until you get it right

1 - 14 of 14 Posts