Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

I was wondering what are some combined supplements that help to less your anxiety during a presentation or interview like that

thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
For me tryptophan or 5-htp work well. Rhodiola rosea is also something that works quickly and might be good for a one off situation like a presentation.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I found that when I used it daily I built up a tolerance and it stopped working after 2 weeks. It might be good to use only on occasion. 5-htp or tryptophan can be used daily with less chance of building tolerance. If your problem is serotonin deficiency caused by inadequate intake of tryptophan in the diet then you are just giving your brain the resources it needs to make serotonin with these supplements.

·
Sitting on a sunbeam
137 Posts
Taurine

When my inhaler runs out, I drink energy drinks, for the caffeine which acts as a decent bronchiodilator. I notice that my anxiety is alleviated and I just feel comfortable with everything. I researched taurine (because my friend told me it was "bull pee") and discovered that it is anxiolytic! What I feel is not a placebo. :)

·
Hear, See , Be silent
1,421 Posts
Exercise

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Running.....multivitamins.
I found out that B12 and folic acid can relieve depression. Orange juice as folic acid in it :).

·
Banned
76 Posts
forget about herbs, you are just going to gain a tolerance....

magnesium in high dosages, amino acid chelated magnesium is really effective.

5-htp, theanine, b vitamins, calcium

etc,,,, its vitamin, mineral, amin0-acid and exercise,,, rather than "magic herb" or prescription or heaven forbid street drugs.... please avoid using herbs, prescriptions, or street drugs.

take caffeine out of your diet until you feel better as well as an elimination of crappy food, fast food and get on an aerobic exercise routine such as biking or rowing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts