Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Shauna The Dead
6,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Male and female?
I come up with plenty of movie ideas but when it comes to naming the characters, I suck at coming up with good names.
List some of your favorites.

·
Registered
52 Posts
All I ever want to do is name things! When I had my daughter, Abigail (Abby), the hardest part for me was settling on just one name. Here are a few of my favorites:

Girls:

Abby (of course!), Hannah, Olive, Olivia, Charlotte, Emma, Emily, Katie, Josephine, Sofia, Derek, Penny, Lucy, Ivy, Amelia, Mia, Stella, Bella, Willa, Mae, Ruby

Boys:
Jack, Max, Owen, Elliott, Will, Matt, John, James, Peter, Josh

·
Registered
371 Posts
I think it depends on what type of character you come up with. I also have good ideas for movies and I try to match the name with the character.. I like to draw pictures and when I was younger, I used to draw cartoon characters and made up my own little story in my head featuring these characters.. I would draw a character and sometimes a name would just pop in my head and that was the name I would give them.. Lol. Other times I would look at my character and think to myself, hmm you look like a Vanessa to me.. Or Something like that..

Or like Brian said, you could find the meanings of some names and match them with the character's personality.. But here are a few of my favorite names.. They are mostly hispanic names because I'm hispanic.

Girl names: Alexandra, Alexis, Celina/Selina, Luciana, Marcela, Miranda, Olivia, Serena, Valeria/Valery??, Vanessa, Venus?..,Vera, Veronica, Victoria..

Boy names: Alex, Alonzo, Antonio, Daniel, David, Marcelo, Roberto/Robert.. uh those are all I could come up with... lol...lol...lol....

·
resident classicist
4,408 Posts
I tend to like movie characters to have very ordinary names, I believe the story more if they have a normal name than if they're called something exotic. For women: Ann, Lisa, Christina, Beth, etc. Men: David, Daniel, Nicholas, Kevin, etc.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Female : Valerie, Jessica, Amber, Stephanie, Victoria

Male: Bob, Dave, John, Jack, Tommy.

·
In orbit, always
824 Posts
Robert would be a fantastic name. It's versatile (Rob, Robbie, Bob, Bobby) and nowhere near any top ten baby name list.

·
SAS Member
31,286 Posts
If you're trying for some comedy then go for some cheesy names, but if it's a standard horror flick, then I would probably look up some old horror movies to see what names they used, but just switch them around.

·
Chief Worrier
1,889 Posts
male:
scott, tyler, james, andrew, aaron, brett, justin, simon, zach, dylan

female:
cecelia, andrea, alexandra, hannah, morgan, sophie, samantha, victoria

·
Après moi, le déluge
5,682 Posts
Robert would be a fantastic name. It's versatile (Rob, Robbie, Bob, Bobby) and nowhere near any top ten baby name list.
"Bob" is the greatest name in the whole world.

Have a nice day,
Kelly :)

·
Hiding In My Den
1,955 Posts
girls: Madalyn, Katarina, Catalyn, Cathleen, Serenity, Victoria, Allison, Claire

boys: James, Brandon, Bryan, Steven, Matthew, Ryan...oh if you're writing something horrorish be sure to give them a middle name of Wayne if they're the killer, a middle name of Wayne is something alot of serial killers have in common.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
I really like old names like Garet. Anyways, here's my list:

Girls:
Lyra, Taylor, Danielle

Boys:
Darwin, Garet, Joaquin, Raphael, Link, Lee.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts