Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some good inspiring movies? I'd really like to watch some of the more popular ones. Maybe we could make a list of all good inspiring movies here.

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
I don't know if I just got caught up in the moment but when I was horribly depressed three years ago 8 Mile really lifted me up...haha.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Flash Of Genius. I thought the movie was awesome. Its a movie based on Robert Kearns, who invented the intermittent windshield wiper. He went against Ford when they stole the idea. Lots of emotions with that movie.

·
In the doghouse
1,165 Posts
I don't know if I just got caught up in the moment but when I was horribly depressed three years ago 8 Mile really lifted me up...haha.
I'll second 8 Mile as an inspiring movie. Good call!! High-5

·
Frostie
1,035 Posts
Treasure of the Sierra Madre is a strangely uplifting movie. Its about down-and-out gold prospectors and painful to watch at times as they struggle with failure after failure, but its still very hopeful. Its all about making the best of bad situations and finding that happiness comes from within rather than from material wealth. This movie never fails to lift my mood when I'm feeling lousy about life.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Spirited Away never fails to put me in a "can do anything" mood.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Japanese Oscar winner 'Departures'

If you like quiet, thoughtful films and don't mind subtitles, this should be a treat.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Secretary inspires me. It showed me that 2 people can be 'weird' and have 'weird' desires and still find each other and perhaps have a chance at happiness. Not that I didn't know that before, but it made me happy to see. :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
I can't think of any movies...but comedy works for me. Ron White, Jeff Foxworthy, Keith Olberman...

·
Diggin' My Potatoes
415 Posts
Despite the depressing subject matter, as a tale of survival "The Pianist" can be somewhat uplifting if you look at it from the right perspective.

·
The empty one
83 Posts
Peaceful Warrior
slum dog millionaire
the shawshank redemption
the fountain

1 - 15 of 15 Posts