Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I look for things we have in common, a fun side, eclectic is always a plus, open mindedness, and a great smile:D
What do you look for?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
A pulse. ;)

Someone who seems fairly level-headed, not too bitter, not too outgoing and with a good sense of humour - she's going to need it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I can't even answer this question because I would find it difficult to turn anybody down regardless of what she looked like, smelled like or how she behaved or treated me. Just being able to tolerate my presence is a plus for me.

·
Neither Enemy Nor Friend
412 Posts
Someone who is willing to be honest. An amazing look or smile (at least in my eyes, not like I'm asking for a megan fox). Someone who is outgoing but shy at the same time and is always there through the bad & good.

·
Your Assumptions
7,027 Posts
I've never looked. However, those who have impressed me (though we've not dated) have had certain similarities:

Kindness, maturity, intelligence, reason, empathy, attentiveness, conscientiousness, humour, and candidness.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Intelligence
Sense of humour/wit
Nice smile
Sensitivity
Kindness/thoughtfulness

Basically they have to be someone who makes me feel that my life is better for being around them.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
must be very interested in me (and possibly things I like)
-why? because I communicate so little that I really need someone to egg me on. That includes making regular phonecalls.

Must have a relaxed personality and be mature.
-not have to go out on a date every weekend in order to keep the spark alive. That would most definitely wear me out (as I don't like to go out all that often).

·
Losing Ground
2,121 Posts
Shyness, cute personality, down to earth, understanding, kind and caring, sensitive, affectionate. And preferably someone very slight in figure and who looks young for their age, mostly because I would feel more comfortable with a girl like that as I look really young for my age.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Positive outlook
Thoughtful/accepting
Intelligent
Mellow

I'm pretty open to most people, it's easier for me to list what I actively avoid than what I look for...

·
Registered
64 Posts

• compassionate
  • humble
  • handy (I love guys who can fix things)
  • funny
  • open minded
  • easy going
  • someone who does NOT have everything going for him and has had challenges in his life (this may sound strange, but I am turned off by the overly-ambitious, well-adjusted, everything's-going-my-way type of guy -- boring)

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
I look for a quietness, I look for some unknown quality that makes me feel safe.... it is like an innocence - I've rarely found it easily expressed by men. I have to feel attraction but it is less to do with real good looks at it is about a feeling. I guess I am different but I like receding hairlines but prefer it when men with such are not always getting their hair cut to keep it really short. I like a guy who only shaves once or twice a week - that way I get to enjoy razor stubbly/rugged look/feel and clean shaven look w/aftershave (preferable Old Spice). I like guys who are under 5'8" tall - since I am 5' 0". I like to be able to communicate but to be able to sit together and cuddle in silence and be comfortable 'just being together'. I like it when someone finds my humor funny and not weird - even if it is weird. I want to feel like I am funny without feeling like I am being laughed at - which is hard. I like it when someone is willing to hold my hand, hug and be close without pushing all of the boundaries too fast - but will push them and enjoy pushing them and never push me away, say no and will let me enjoy them too. I like someone who likes kissing and understands that sometimes it can be the greatest pastime.

Mostly I guess I am the person who wants to 'experience someone' to see, hear, smell, taste, touch and feel someone on all levels emotionally, intellectually, spiritually, physically and sexually. Terrifying, yeah, I know... that is why I am still alone.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Someone who can keep up with me - not easy to do.

·
Banned
2,331 Posts
Somebody who I can trust to be honest with me on the really big things. Someone who trusts me. Someone who understands that I'm going to make some mistakes and likes to help me improve myself rather then getting 10x revenge on me. Someone with fairly high libido so I don't feel like I'm always begging. Someone who enjoys listening to me ramble when my mind gets filled up with too many thoughts. Someone who finds me interesting. Someone who I find interesting.

I don't really care about having matching tastes or interests, as long as we are both willing to try the other person's way once in a while.

Physical looks aren't that important, but I do look for someone who has a desire to take care of their health, even if they're not perfect at it. The desire is the important part because you can always learn how to do it better if you have the desire and are not healthy. The main reason I find healthiness attractive is because it makes you feel good, and when you feel good you make other people feel better too.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts