Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did you guys live in your uni's dorms/halls, with flatmates, or on your own? I find the idea of sharing a dorm or flat with a group of strangers to be extremely unappealing. I think that's what most people do though, isn't it? I'd much rather live in a place on my own.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I'm starting college this fall. I missed the deadline to apply for a dorm, so that sucks, because they had single rooms available (still with roommates because they're suites). So now I have to find off-campus housing. No idea how I'm going to pull that off! I don't have any income. I can get loans to pay the rent, but then if you figure in utilities, internet, groceries, other necessities...it really adds up. Getting very discouraged.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I'm moving in on campus this fall, and I'll be sharing a room with one other person. At my college they have private rooms available, but they cost so much more money. I'll deal with living with someone else, plus I think it'll help me in the long run.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I lived in a flat with 4 other people 2 years ago before I dropped out and I found really ****ing difficult and vowed to avoid it again at all costs..ha..

·
SAS Member
4,385 Posts
I lived all four years alone off-campus. I did not have a car my first three years on top of that.For graduate school, I "might" get an apartment with a roommate. It will be the type of apartment with a separate bedroom/bathroom. If not, then I will live alone again. Don't know if it will be on or off campus. Off campus is usually cheaper.

·
SAS Member
1,197 Posts
At home with the parents now. I plan on moving to an apartment closer to the university I'm transferring back to.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I used to live in a dorm with roommates. It didn't bother me too much, it just takes some getting used to. It depends on the person. One semester I lived alone and got much more depressed! I actually missed having a roommate to talk to at anytime.

·
Permanently Tired
825 Posts
I lived on campus for four years. For the first two years I had roommates but for the last two years I was able to have a single room. I still have one year to go but this time I'll be commuting from home. I preferred having my own room of course, but I don't regret having roommates because I feel like it was a good experience.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Lived in halls during my first year. My flatmates were all lovely people though the mess drove me up the wall. I kind of withdrew myself from everybody during the second semester due to personal struggles so they probably thought I was a bit of a freak towards the end of the year.

I still need to find a spare room in a flat or houseshare for my second year. Luckily I'm not too fussy so I'm not concerned about where I end up or who with, as long as I don't end up having to commute from home which would probably finish me off by December.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I will be living on campus in a residence hall. I'll have my own bedroom, but share a living space and bathroom with two other people.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm going to be a freshman and will have a roommate. My college is less than an hour away from home, so I'll be able to come back fairly often.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts