Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I've recently felt like I'm losing touch with my friends these days. Just yesterday, I went to an after party after my org's event and I had a great time and talked to a lot of people. I ended up crashing at my friend's house not far from my school, but when a few of my buds went outside the house to light a cigarette, I looked at them with my eyes half open (sleeping on the floor) and for some paranoid reason, I kept noticing that they kept looking at me as they talked. I felt like they were talking behind my back but I don't think that they hate me (why would they let you crash if you thought that?, you may ask).

Now this very hazy night got me thinking this morning, as I recovered from my headache and hunger, that I'm doubting my social stability with the people in my fraternity and circle in general. How? I like to text, IM, Snap, and comment to my friends whenever I can and I noticed that they hardly respond, respond late, or ignore what I say. I know they could be busy (who isn't busy in college?) but couldn't they spare a minute and respond back or just acknowledge what I do? Then I look back at the remarks some have told me the night before the party, "Litfan15, you need to pace yourself tonight". Did that mean that I usually end up being a party pooper and that I seem to try too hard??:afr

Anxiety like this has plagued me since I was little boy, I have been bullied because I didn't know how to navigate the social circle. Today I have improved but the judgement of my peers still haunts me in 2014 just like it did in 2004.

Sorry, I just needed to vent:um

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey Litfan,
Man, I know that feeling, that people are talking about (or laughing at) you behind your back. I still get it sometimes, but I've felt like an outsider all my life. For me it seems the harder you try to have friends, the more they resist. Sometimes you can get some satisfaction in not being like everyone else.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seriously, tonight made me very upset after a meeting after spring break. There a number of people who don't want to say hi to me or give me awkward vibes when I talk to them. I feel like I'm not welcome when I stand near them. Nobody responds to my texts EVEN WHEN THEY HAVE THEIR PHONES IN THEIR HANDS! I feel so left out; sure I went to Disneyland a few days ago with 8 other people, but when I see them hanging out in Vegas or elsewhere, they seem so much happier. I got someone's phone number to add them on Snapchat and they have yet to add me back. I was so upset to see these people talking to each other in a relaxed mood but always formal with me, almost forced. The number of people not texting me back is saddening and I swear my hand were in a deathgrip on the steering wheel when I drove home.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts