Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
SUS Member
10,506 Posts
I laughed, only because I related so much. If I didn't have parents who were willing/able to take me in, I'd probably be homeless myself.
I'm glad that some parents can be that supportive. I wouldn't want anyone else to be in my position. :|

·
Karmically Cryptic
Wonder
836 Posts
My persistence. If I really want something pretty much nothing can stop me from going after it but myself. Sometimes I don't know when to quit though. If I find something I really like and isn't just another distraction to me I'll pour everything I have into it but again sometimes it's too much and I get burnt out.

I could really work on finding balance in the things I choose to do.

I've been told by several therapists over the years that I'm insightful

Creative

And even though I've gone to the last shred of hope at times I never give up

·
Registered
66 Posts
Being an optimistic person. I do believe that everything happens for a reason. Like this pandemic, better consider it as an eye opener to reflect the importance of time being with our loved ones.

·
Karmically Cryptic
Wonder
836 Posts
I'm gonna change my answer to everything and nothing. I think true confidence comes from a place of acceptance rather than thinking of things you feel confident about. When you are confident in doing something you are not thinking about what you're doing, you just do it. It's almost as if it's not you who is doing, you lose the overwhelming sense of self-consciousness, you lose "yourself" in what you are doing.

Edit: For instance, if when walking you're thinking about how you're walking, you are self-conscious about how you're walking. When you allow your natural confidence to surface you are just walking.

So true confidence in oneself would be self-aware but not self-conscious. You wouldn't need to think about yourself, you would do. You would just do you.

"There is no try, only do or do not." - Yoda 😊

21 - 28 of 28 Posts