Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
33,658 Posts
Pretty much nothing anymore. I used to have some confidence in a few things but it was more ignorance of reality than anything. I guess I'd say I wish I had remained ignorant. It's the result of too much self-exploration.

·
Failure's Art
1,904 Posts
Basically nothing. I can be a hard, diligent and conscientous worker when I need to be, so I often get by on that. But I have no real talents. I'm not a natural at anything. I have almost no confidence in anything I do.

·
Barbells and kittens
3,803 Posts
Can easily memorize useless facts and song lyrics

Stronger than most people

Pretty good driver
Posted via Mobile Device

·
bipolar
16,781 Posts
I'm very confident (probably ironically for this site) in the knowledge that I will always be able to think of something to say. It's just not possible for me not to. (just ask my wife)

I'm very good at talking to people, making them feel at ease, making them laugh etc.

That has never factored into my social anxiety - other things do.

Can also be quite determined if I really want something. Like when I wanted my degree - it took me 3 years just to start it but I got there eventually. I have to really want it though.

·
Permanently tired
1,952 Posts
I'm stubbornly persistent when I really want something, to the point I may even take the plunge to do something that I normally wouldn't because of SA

·
Loathed Loiterer
7,856 Posts
My upfront emotional tolerance.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Reading this thread makes me wish I knew some of you people personally so I could tell you what your positive traits are oh my lord
Like, I know y'all have them! There isn't a single person on Earth who doesn't have at least one positive trait, and that's a fact! Fight me! lol

·
customusertitle
740 Posts
Nothing.

I used to think I was empathetic but that's kind of a joke now really, since I've (arguably) been the main reason for someone's (natural) death 6 years ago, so no. I'm not confident about anything.

·
SUS Member
10,506 Posts
I know I can write relatively well, and I can be a good person to talk to if you're having an emotional crisis. But I'm not good enough at either of those to make any money from them, so the things I'm best at I'm not good enough at to be competitive and my weaknesses put me well below average. So I'm also confident I'm going to die penniless in a gutter.

·
experimental sincerity
1,277 Posts
I'm confident that I'm becoming less rigid and cynical, more open and empathetic as I grow older. It's a constant internal struggle but I'm relieved to realise I'm unlikely to end up a bitter ideologue. That particular abyss is not going anywhere but at least now I'm alert to its existence.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I’m good at academics, I don’t think that there’s anything that I can’t understand if I put my mind to it. Really I don’t think that there’s anything that I can’t do (within reason) besides communicate like a socially competent human (I am almost hopeless on this point).

1 - 20 of 28 Posts