Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

What's the appropriate age to have sex

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
crazy
2,067 Posts
i have no clue. all i know is i would have been a lot less depressed if i'd had it in high school.

·
Viva La Raza!
34,841 Posts
i dont know. i didnt have any sex until i was 25. its one of the most pleasureable things to do. and theres several health benefits that come with it. however i think 15 is too young. 16? hmm...i dont really know whats the right age

·
A Living Woman
3,464 Posts
15 and younger - too young.
16/17 - weary.
18+ - fine.

When your mother started having sex at 12 and was pregnant with you at 16, and she's open about her experiences, you're pretty well aware of all of the things that go along with sex (not just consequence-wise but emotionally and mentally, too). Of course, it's a decision best made by the individual, but in my opinion sex isn't just sex even if you try to think of it that way.

·
Registered
344 Posts
It depends on the individual, but I see nothing wrong with fourteen-year-olds having sex. I was a randy little thing at 14 :)
I have to disagree with you. IMO, 14 year olds aren't mature or responsible enough--especially boys. One needs sufficient sensitivity, consideration, and judgment. It's too easy to hurt another person and/or make an idiotic choice of a partner.

People develop the requisite wisdom and responsibility from age 16 onward. Some individuals never become wise and responsible enough!!!

·
Registered
270 Posts
It varies, I was more than ready when I had it at 15. I probably would have had it earlier if I had had the opportunity, honestly.

·
Neither Enemy Nor Friend
412 Posts
I always believed its ridiculously hard to put a law on the "sex age" its impossible. everyone has different circumstances.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I think there are way too many variables to factor into consideration, such as responsibility and maturity (both mental and physical). I'm not going to act like I know a whole lot about this subject, but this is just my theory.

·
Done with SA
1,818 Posts
Whenever they're mature enough to do it safely and responsibly. This varies greatly by the person.
I agree.
If you're mature enough to know and handle all consequences that come along with what you're doing and you know how to properly protect yourself, then I figure you're ready.

I will admit that if you're under 13, it's kind of strange, but if you know what you're doing, hey, go ahead.

·
Registered
14,599 Posts
Where is the 12 and under option....haha or can we not joke like that at SAS anymore??? Kidding, kidding.

Whenever one is truly ready. You cannot go back to holding hands. I wasnt really ready when I first did it.I am voting the whenever one is ready option but I would guess that to be between 18 and 25. But people rarely know truly when they are "ready".

·
Registered
515 Posts
I voted for whenever it happens, because some younger people are mature enough to have sex whereas some adults are probably more immature than younger peers. And everyone has differnet views, plus what might be right for someone won't be for someone else.

People have different maturity levels at different ages, or indeed if you would love to be can't like some of us. The age factor doesn't come into it, it's the barrier that stops you getting close to the opposite sex.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I dont think there is an appriopriate age, I think its whenever you feel you are ready, if your with someone you care about, and you feel that they are the right person to have that sort of intimacy with then thats your choice. Most people say what until your with someone you love. I did the opposite, a few months after I left someone I loved I lost my virginity to someone I didnt love, a friend, and I did not and I still do not regret it. I believed that if you lose that to someone you love and you break up with that person then you will regret it. I also believe and know that sex isnt always about love and thats a good thing. You should have sex when you are ready, dont let anyone else choose for you, and with someone your comfortable with. Dont settle for someone your not comfortable with or someone you know your going to regret it with.

·
cocky,funny,mysterious=me
90 Posts
I think after you marry. But its up to you to make the right decision in your life, and sex is a bad decision for your age believe me! it can leave you with a lot of bad diseases as well. I personally believe in first love and sex after marriage. If your in love then sex is going to reinforce that love and combine you and your partner together for a long time and in that case i wound get married first. Good luck to you and hopefully you will choose the right answer :)

1 - 20 of 71 Posts