1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Social Virgin
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"You've changed."

"Wow, you're really different from that goofy kid from a while back."

"We've grown apart."

People change all the time. People go through "transformations". They end up at different places in their lives.

But these transformations and changes are never spontaneous or sudden. It's a process.

We're like chemical reactions. We're all composed of a bunch of different elements: some degrees of happiness, some degrees of sadness, some degrees of wisdom, etc.

Someone's character doesn't just randomly do a 180. You don't go from shy and timid to loud and ignorant with the snap of a finger, unless your name is Dr. Jekyll. What happens is that we come across different experiences and encounter different things. We feed certain parts of ourselves with our daily experiences and this leads something new. The point is: to get somewhere you have to start somewhere.

So maybe I should try looking for some positive things to react to. As long as you keep things open and try to look for change, you're always going to end up with a new you.

·
Banned
6,986 Posts
"who we are" is pretty complicated, involves numerous components, and is ALWAYS subject to change, sometimes without readily apparent reasoning.

i agree. stay receptive to change, always.
I agree with your whole post...but there is somethibg in us that is stable...our center...im trying to stay one with it and be ok with the changeful as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts