Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always had a problem with going into pubs and going to the bar (I always start worrying over what to ask for), but after work today I was walking home and passing a local pub so I thought as its a nice day i'll have a drink and sit in the beer garden. Although I didn't talk to anyone, except the barman, I didn't feel any anxiety whatsoever, so count this as a success.:)

·
Registered
794 Posts
That's great, congrats! :)

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Great job, LandOfTheKews! :boogie :boogie :boogie

·
Registered
102 Posts
Is it socially acceptable to go to a bar alone?? just wondering since I'm turning legal drinking age in a little over a week.

And congrats on the progress, man.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is it socially acceptable to go to a bar alone?? just wondering since I'm turning legal drinking age in a little over a week.

Thanks for the congrats.

I'm sure a lot of people go to bars alone, its just that the people in groups stand out more because there are more of them to notice. I don't believe anyone will say anything against you if you go to a bar alone. :)

·
Geese
20,769 Posts
Well done! Will be following in your footsteps by doing similar things over the coming weeks.

·
Half way there
428 Posts

I think so. No one knows why your their alone.

·
Cool story, bro!
986 Posts
Good job!!

I actually never get anxious at the bar or going to one (but I'm usually already drunk by the time I go). I live about a half mile from a cool dive bar so I used to walk there quite a bit (2 times a week or so) by myself. I've noticed that people will actually engage in coversation more willingly if you're alone. Whenever I go with my friends nobody will really talk to me. But when I'm by myself I almost always have someone chatting away. I do enjoy talking to older people in bars too (50-60's) since they always seem to have interestings stories to tell.

So all of that just to say.....go to the bar alone and loosen up. It's nice :b

1 - 11 of 11 Posts