Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Went to counseling today.

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  StrangerHere 
#1 ·
Finally went to couseling today. I'd been putting it off for awhile thinking I could manage SA myself but things had been especially rough lately. My University offers it free for all students so and it couldn't hurt right.?

I think the session went we'll. The session was mainly introductory with answering alot of questions and forming a plan of treatment. It was good get some things of my chest and someone to talk to. The counselor seemed very open and understanding. I was suprised at how much I cried when I started to talk about my issues there must be alot of sadness inside. We are going to start meeting every week and he's optimistic about my progress and potential. I really think this is what I needed, med's didn't do much for me. Hopefully it will continue to go well, wish me luck! :D

#3 ·
House - you are going to do fine. Just stick with it and things will go great! :boogie :boogie :boogie

#6 ·
Glad to hear it went well!

I cried so much my first time I could barely talk. It takes so much trust to talk about this stuff. And when the therapist is understanding, it is such a comfort/relief. Life still sucks, but someone understands.

:) ... Then you find out there's a Web site with message boards where you read about all kinds of people who know what you're going through! How cool is that? This place is so cool.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.