Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hadn't gone in a year and I'm always very, very nervous about it but this time was even worse because it had been so long. Confession is the hardest part of being Catholic for me. I talked really fast and got really short of breath but I did it and it felt so good afterward. Also, luckily this priest did not talk to me about anything so I was out in like 2 minutes.

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Kinda keeps ya from misbehaving, huh?!
Congratulations! :boogie :boogie :boogie

I'll need to say three Hail Mary's myself! :afr

·
Banned
2,689 Posts
Where I live they have renamed confession, now they call it reconciliation. That's such a PC name, whats the point? And the local church holds 'reconciliaton' on Fridays at 4.30pm. If you know anything about LA traffic you know that no one goes anywhere at that time unless they have to. You can usually walk faster than the traffic around that time.

·
blessed with lucky sevens
840 Posts
I haven't confessed in years... Having said that, I haven't been to church in years either but I still am a christian for sure. God helps me and I don't think you need to go to church to be a christian.. That's just bull****.

I'm a sinner and I realise this but I can't help it. I believe!

·
Registered
428 Posts
I go to church all the time, but haven't been to confession in years. My sister lives in a smaller town and they have a group reconciliation service, where you don't have to do an individual confession -- what an easy way out, huh? I was hoping to get in on that, but there was no way for me to get there. :O( Hopefully a private confession between myself and God will suffice. I figure if anyone knows what I go through with my SA, He does. I think it's healing though to have to admit your wrongs to another human being as well as to God so I do believe confession is a valuable sacrament -- it terrifies me though.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Good job! Confession was always the most difficult part of growing up Catholic for me. I remember when I was a kid my parents always made me go to confession as part of my punishment when I got in trouble. At least they can't see you or it would have been so much harder. I don't think I could do it again though unless I was forced somehow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts